BEC (Voltage regulator) Amp rating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Houser1995

Hey all you 2s lipo users out there I will ask my main question here for all that don’t want to read this book I typed. How many amps can the servo’s actually pull? Say when your at full left/right and full brake? I need to figure out what bec to pull the trigger on, and I don’t want to go overboard as a hobbywing or castle bec can get pricy at the high amp range.

Backstory, I bought two NHX lipo rx packs awhile ago as I was going to switch over to high voltage. But money got tight and I bought a cheap 3a bec which fried almost immediately while at full lock on steering and full brake. I would go life or just run the lipo straight but I’m running a flysky rx and a stock hpi throttle servo on my Baja 5sc, steering servo was upgraded with an Amazon (75kg blue) servo that I think will take 8.4v but I don’t know if the flysky rx would handle 2s and I’m fairly certain the tired throttle servo wouldn’t last long either.

So I was thinking I’ll just buy a bec that way I can run the lipos in either my rampage rally or the Baja without worrying about doing all the hv upgrades that add up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks