FS or Kingmotor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htrdmx55

Ok first of all let me say thank you guys for being a plethora of knowledge of all things rc. I have not had a car since I was ten or so. So saying I have been out of the game for a long time. I am thinking of buying either a fs racing truggy or kinghorn baja clone. Before u kick me in the pants let me just say this is for fun around the campfire after a day of riding dirt bikes in the desert. I am going to be a cheap ass. I have many dirt bikes to maintain and in the process of restoring a 67 camaro as well so I am just looking for something to play with. I like the Baja clone because most hpi parts fit it. And if I can get a truck body on it ill be in heaven. The fs racing has a bigger motor and the after market pipe is cheap. So help me make the decision. Thanks.

You would be better off buying a use Hpi baja!! You can get them cheap even with a hopped up motor or and a big boar and pipe all cheap!!!!! I hear with the dirt bikes and hot rods.I have a bunch of toys!!!:celebrate:

Ya know I watched the HPI video on race-dezert.com on the testing of the baja and that has sold me. I have done that ride from barstow to vegas on my dirt bike and I cant think of a crazier way to test the balls of an rc car. It was an adventure on the dirt bike. I even got a flat tire. The baja made it all the way with out a hitch.

It saves money in the beginning but from what I have heard they cost as much after upgrades. Baja for me though. Many more upgrades for ya. One thing about used is there will be many items worn out or broken you cant see until tear down. I've torn down several for people and you would never know the amount of wear on bearings fittings or anything that moves you find int he tear down. By the time its over you should of bought new. Unless its a killer deal stay new in my opinion.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks