My nice new fg leopard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those Lauterbacher pipes are great for the leopard and the lauterbacher front end is also a good mod - it's the only one that worked untill the king cobra "viper kit" came out.

Yup! off the supercross (i think thats the name) 2wd off road car, it had a laid down engine i.e air filter pointing upwards so the pipe would also "do" for the touring car. I have the new Leopard but had some great races with the old one over here and abroard.
I don't know how well you know the leopard of what you're doing with it - racing or bashing but please feel free to ask.

Mike.

p.s get rid of the shock socks, you can't see if they're leaking with them on lol

The battery is between the radio plate and the tank, if you move it to the side guard between the side mounts it will be more balanced. Deeside is a popular NW bashing club but it's not my thing - I'd get you into racing given the chance though lol

All you have to do is join the BRCA - £15 per year which covers insurance, admin, monthly mag and stuff then just turn up at any largescale off road club, put your car on the track and have a play. SIMPLEZ!
The club scene varies from club to club. The nook at Wakefield although it's undergoing a refurb has a "club championship", practice days and will be holding a round of the national series. The run pretty much everything but it started as a 1/6 & 1/8 club.
The national scene is over 8 meetings that noramlly run on a Saturday for practice and Sunday for the actual race meeting. Camping over is not mandatory but is encouraged as is joining in with the party - Just don't mention "panza attack". They have BBQ's, raffles, The 5hitty driver award (a big honour) and all sorts of other stuff going on.
You don't need the best of everything to race, just a sense of humour and the ability and willingness to learn from many people who have been around largescale racing for a lot of years.

HTH

Mike

All you have to do is join the BRCA - £15 per year which covers insurance, admin, monthly mag and stuff then just turn up at any largescale off road club, put your car on the track and have a play. SIMPLEZ!
The club scene varies from club to club. The nook at Wakefield although it's undergoing a refurb has a "club championship", practice days and will be holding a round of the national series. The run pretty much everything but it started as a 1/6 & 1/8 club.
The national scene is over 8 meetings that noramlly run on a Saturday for practice and Sunday for the actual race meeting. Camping over is not mandatory but is encouraged as is joining in with the party - Just don't mention "panza attack". They have BBQ's, raffles, The 5hitty driver award (a big honour) and all sorts of other stuff going on.
You don't need the best of everything to race, just a sense of humour and the ability and willingness to learn from many people who have been around largescale racing for a lot of years.

HTH

Mike

cool didn`t even know bout these clubs. surprising what you find out lol.

get yourself along to a club and join them the leopard is a race car so why bash it as mikey said move this to the side pod it balances out the weight as u have the pipe on the other side also shock cover hides leaky shocks

there will be a few leopard drivers at the national mikey heard u had a good run at the nene mate and so did the lad bowen, good to see the leopards doing well and the nationals all kick off at nene on the 26th march

get yourself along to a club and join them the leopard is a race car so why bash it as mikey said move this to the side pod it balances out the weight as u have the pipe on the other side also shock cover hides leaky shocks

there will be a few leopard drivers at the national mikey heard u had a good run at the nene mate and so did the lad bowen, good to see the leopards doing well and the nationals all kick off at nene on the 26th march

how would i mount it on the side tho.

you have 2 options drill 2 holes one either side of the battery at both ends and tie wrap it or use industrial or normal velcro i used the velcro method 2 strips on the bottom of the battery and one on the side and it is solid but thats on the new leopard 2 cause there is a side on the guards for you the best method is probably the tie wrap method thou

ste its a touring car battery holder you can make it out in the pics :)

it just needed shortening ond mounting on plastic pegs with quick

release pins (body pins)

now now Al .............you know that aint true:lol::lol:

K....

well this buggy should be mine tomorrow hopefully but im keeping the engine out my baja its a cy 30.5 cc so it should have plenty torque its just weather i can use it or not

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks