rovan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aye would be a good price if it weren't for the £415 postage, plus then you'll have to pay Import Tax and the dreaded Handling Charge.

Takes it well over a Grand, for that you can get a HPI 5T.

that's the model I am trying to get at the end of the month. just have to make a little more scratch. love the dyable arms, all the bling and the rims and tires look decent

that's the model I am trying to get at the end of the month. just have to make a little more scratch. love the dyable arms, all the bling and the rims and tires look decent

i can see a road trip for you pipe, how far is new york from canada it would be cheaper than if they posted it:lol::lol:

Your getting alot of truck for the buck there! There must be a mistake on the postage because the buggy is £90.00 to post and they are about the same weight.
If Rovan are anything like KM I'd have one in an instance.KM are a fantastic bit of kit.
J.

nah I am not driving 5000 km to get a truck LOL. going to be tough, this rain is killing me right now. I'll get 2 good days, maybe 3 to work this week. I can live on that and buy the odd goody but will be slow saving up at this rate... dam going to have to buy a portable garage soon. just waiting on the email for permission to set one up permanent... they'll let me I am sure. they can't sell the vehicles until I detail them. I saw them on sale half price too... 10X20 be plenty big for me to work in. walls and zippered ends... be in a nice cacoon away from the liquid sun

That is whats called circumvention of ebay fees. Its against ebay rules and its been reported. You pay on what your item sells for not the shipping. If you increase your shipping and lesson the item you pay less in fees.:mad:

Not the type of seller I would buy from - Honesty goes farther then the fees.

The complaint arose about excessive shipping fees by some sellers to make their money on ebay, BTB pointed out this isnt allowed and should be stopped, I agreed with him and mentioned if its not stopped its only going to get more common.

The complaint arose about excessive shipping fees by some sellers to make their money on ebay, BTB pointed out this isnt allowed and should be stopped, I agreed with him and mentioned if its not stopped its only going to get more common.

Oh,I see matey.If you look at the Rovan buggy thats about £90.00 to ship but the trucks £450.00 ish.The buggy is roughly the same weight???? I think there is just a typo.
I'll email this bloke and tell you later what went on.
J

I don't see a problem myself. ebay fees are getting higher all the time, and unless you work for ebay, then it doesn't affect the purchaser. if the seller can't get creative, then the cost is added to the price, plus some to cover the fees they take and is reflected back to the buyer. it's all about greed. so why report someone for something as trivial. we are all smart enough to do the math and add shipping charges to purchase price and see if it's what we want to spend.

in business, we write things off all the time to beat the tax man. we claim dinners, purchases etc etc etc, and you can't tell me every business is fully legitimate in their claims on these or the gov't wouldn't be auditing. gov't just goes one step further to make sure they get their slice of the pie... ebay relies more on whistle blowers. not to mention they also get their 3% fees as well on paypal purchases... just for running a website ;)

Dear rovanrc,

Why are you charging £90.57 to ship the buggy to
the UK and £415.00 to ship the truck???
I own both and they are roughly the same weight!
Regards
J.

- 3566james

Dear 3566james,

Hi, You right I made a mistake on the package size for international shipping. I fixed it now in the other adds. thanks a lot for pointing it out to me.
Dan

Rovan 1/5 Scale 30.5cc Gas Baja Truck HPI 5T Compatable
Special Edition LED's, New Tuned Pipe, Rear Bumper FAST
Item condition: New
Quantity:
10 available
Price: US $969.00
Add to list
Shipping: $60.00 UPS Ground | See all shipping details
Estimated delivery within 2-7 business days.
Returns:
7 day merchandise credit, buyer pays return shipping | Read return policy details

eBay will cover your purchase price plus original shipping.
Learn more about eBay Buyer Protection - opens in a new window or tab

Thats the email I received but Sohan pointed out it's now£120.00?????? Confused!

J.

I don't see a problem myself. ebay fees are getting higher all the time, and unless you work for ebay, then it doesn't affect the purchaser. if the seller can't get creative, then the cost is added to the price, plus some to cover the fees they take and is reflected back to the buyer. it's all about greed. so why report someone for something as trivial. we are all smart enough to do the math and add shipping charges to purchase price and see if it's what we want to spend.

in business, we write things off all the time to beat the tax man. we claim dinners, purchases etc etc etc, and you can't tell me every business is fully legitimate in their claims on these or the gov't wouldn't be auditing. gov't just goes one step further to make sure they get their slice of the pie... ebay relies more on whistle blowers. not to mention they also get their 3% fees as well on paypal purchases... just for running a website ;)

I agree with your premise to a point. It is there policy and is in the rules. That policy makes it fraudulent and wrong. Not right but legally wrong.
Plus, if a seller is allowed to do it, it can open up many other issue like -
Lets say you had an issue with it and you wanted to ship it back for a full refund. Most if not all sellers do not refund shipping.. OUCH! :(

Last edited:
I thought Ebay took out a percentage of the final value up to a max of £45, i don't see why people raise their postage costs on items which would cost more than the £45 selling cost.
Does ebay take 3% or 10% of the final value, i forget.

Final value fees for auction-style format listings
Auction-style format listings
Final sale price Final value fee

9.0% of sale price (maximum charge $50.00) For US users.

I have not sold for quite a while but sale price does not include shipping.
On an item over $555.00 US it would not matter on the fees to insert it in the shipping but again the shipping would not be refundable. It would be interesting what tax consequence you would save by making the shipping an expense instead of a profit? Shady to me...

Back