SHOCKING SITUATION

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick Mars

Bought a set of DDM springs for losi 5t 2.0 ,heavy set to lift my truck some.Had a set of raminator rod ends on it for shock extenders.During dissasembly discovered a broken shock shaft.No luck finding a set of losi shocks,so ordered a set of IRC shocks.Got then from Detroit rc,also ordered shock oil.......Got order in mail but Detroit rc sent me 50,000 diff oil.......Used some shock oil I had,noticed the springs on front shocks were curved, like to tight or long.Put them on,worked ok but truck was 3 wheeling around corners and real stiff. Lower spring retainers also rubbing/hitting on lower suspension arms.Ordered a set ofIRC shock extenders and thier wrench.The springs are silver and they are all the same,explains front bind.Wrench worked on rear shocks but the flat is not machined correct on fronts,yep had to use vice grips.DDM springs fit well and working good.Also noticed IRC front shocks are shorter than losi fronts.....All in all I have a working set of shocks, the ride height is better and truck not 3 wheeling with DDM springs IRC shock combo.I cant really recomend the IRC shocks but till I get a new set of losi shocks they will do.

Bought a set of DDM springs for losi 5t 2.0 ,heavy set to lift my truck some.Had a set of raminator rod ends on it for shock extenders.During dissasembly discovered a broken shock shaft.No luck finding a set of losi shocks,so ordered a set of IRC shocks.Got then from Detroit rc,also ordered shock oil.......Got order in mail but Detroit rc sent me 50,000 diff oil.......Used some shock oil I had,noticed the springs on front shocks were curved, like to tight or long.Put them on,worked ok but truck was 3 wheeling around corners and real stiff. Lower spring retainers also rubbing/hitting on lower suspension arms.Ordered a set ofIRC shock extenders and thier wrench.The springs are silver and they are all the same,explains front bind.Wrench worked on rear shocks but the flat is not machined correct on fronts,yep had to use vice grips.DDM springs fit well and working good.Also noticed IRC front shocks are shorter than losi fronts.....All in all I have a working set of shocks, the ride height is better and truck not 3 wheeling with DDM springs IRC shock combo.I cant really recomend the IRC shocks but till I get a new set of losi shocks they will do.
I put DDM springs on mine as well. I haven't ran it yet, but hope that it solves some of the squatting in the back and eases the landings.

Irc offers several different springs for their shocks. If I recall you can specify which springs are sent with them. Even with moderate mods, most of us are running fairly heavy springs in a 5ive t platform. I'm not super familiar with every different mfg color code for their spring rates, however I have the heaviest springs ddm offers on my 5ive t and it's balanced out very well and has a decent ride height. If memory serves, irc makes springs thay are heavier even yet to compensate for larger engines/more alloy parts/heavier rigs in general.

Oh yea ,initially got a set of red rear springs, could run them on full size 4x4.The Ddm springs I have on are yhe heavyest set they sell.Truck sits full height and handles well. Unfortunately Detroit rc showed no spring option when ordering and I am a bit disapointed with that company.Thank you for your imput Seandonato73.

Oh yea ,initially got a set of red rear springs, could run them on full size 4x4.The Ddm springs I have on are yhe heavyest set they sell.Truck sits full height and handles well. Unfortunately Detroit rc showed no spring option when ordering and I am a bit disapointed with that company.Thank you for your imput Seandonato73.
Ah, I thought you got them straight from irc. Missed the ordered from Detroit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks