Throttle Servo over heating?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

javi83

I have a question/problem I have a losi 5ive t with a hitec D845 WP. After using the truck for like 7 minutes the endpoints for the servo end up moving because it will now rest on the breaks on without moving the trigger and won’t give me full range when giving it throttle because have end points dialed in so doesn’t put pressure on my carb. I wonder if the servo is just going bad or this servo just isn’t good to begin with since I don’t use the truck that much and servo isn’t old.

If you are certain that you have not inadvertently adjusted the endpoints while in use I suspect the servo has failed.

Reset the endpoints again and see if the issue repeats.

Yes because happened multiple times and the next day I would use the truck the endpoints would be back to normal without touching anything. Also the servo ends up twitching and doesn’t stay still like my agfrc

Interesting

You saying at some point it goes back to normal endpoint and twitching .. this sounds more like an interference issue that is causing them to fail to respond properly to the transmit signal.

Could be a ground issue with another component such as the motor or it could be that the servo responds properly until warm indicating a servo board failure.

My first step would be to use a known good used servo even if not fully integrated. Meaning, simply plug it in and run through the paces with your RC static and see if you can duplicate it “before” purchasing a new servo.

No the next day it’s back to normal but when it starts acting weird it’s also twitching but have no other servos since the stock ones stopped working

It sounds like the servo is failing.

Before final judgement is rendered.

Use one of the other servos on your rig to test …

A option is to unplug the steering servo and use it to test while the rig is static.

Going to have to try to do that next time out but anyone what’s their opinion on doing like a 78kg agfrc servo for throttle and break?

It could have been the trim adjustment on the transmitter not adjusted right putting
stress on the servo!..:unsure:

Interesting

You saying at some point it goes back to normal endpoint and twitching .. this sounds more like an interference issue that is causing them to fail to respond properly to the transmit signal.

Could be a ground issue with another component such as the motor or it could be that the servo responds properly until warm indicating a servo board failure.

My first step would be to use a known good used servo even if not fully integrated. Meaning, simply plug it in and run through the paces with your RC static and see if you can duplicate it “before” purchasing a new servo.
Okay I just plugged in a different servo it’s always twitching how could I know it’s static and how can I fix it?
Okay I just plugged in a different servo it’s always twitching how could I know it’s static and how can I fix it?
Im using the stock spectrum receiver and spectrum transmitter

Did the substitute servo continue to work unlike the one before that would stop working and loose rotational orientation?

Yes, I read that this one is twitching too.

The twitching is a static and or feedback.

I always start by adding a dedicated ground from motor to chassis and a dedicated ground from the battery to the chassis.

The spark plug should be of a resistor type and a quality spark plug boot, “non” metal style used.

Also on thing to mention when the servo was acting up the kill switch didn’t went to turn off the motor

I would encourage you to focus on fixing the servo twitching issue and if the kill switch issue does not get resolved as the result then it can be tackled as a separate issue.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks