Baja 5b TSK-b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dam! Thats a nice score, depends what ypur goals are for it. Hpi bajas have probably the largest aftermarket selection of any 1/5 scale.

I'd personally get extended arms, and irc shocks. Better wheels/ tires.

Right off the bat though, TR servo saver, aluminum clutch carrier, servos, lipo

Thanks John. I was thinking the extended arms after a Google search, good to know about the other parts. What about the front shock tower? Seems a bit flimsy to me, is that much of an actual issue?

Thanks John. I was thinking the extended arms after a Google search, good to know about the other parts. What about the front shock tower? Seems a bit flimsy to me, is that much of an actual issue?

They can break, the flm kit is on deal of the day at ddm as blackrain said and they include a front tower.

Correction, this is the 5B I've got. The SX5 which I think looks sweet :)

I think for now I'll get the aluminum clutch carrier which seems like a must, trash the servos and radio gear of course and shove a LIPO in the box there. I'll see how this puppy runs first; I was thinking about the longer arms but then decided against it. I'd probably do the Kraken arms over aluminum on this one to keep the weight down, and there's a small pillow ball upgrade I just noticed that will help. This version doesn't come with sway bars either, so I'll see whether I need to purchase a set as well.

Kind of cool HPI gives you a bunch of full massive bottles of all oils, fluids, thread lockers, extra air filter, and some other tuning parts and general spares even with the RTR. Nice touch ... I've not seen that with any other kit or RTR I've built from 1/8 - 1/5 scale before, and some cool tools like a bearing puller included etc. I like it! Very nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0409.jpeg
    IMG_0409.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 19
Back