1/2 flywheel fin missing do i need a new one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljw2k

Hi all and having broken my pullstart i notices 1/2 fin is missing also on my flywheel would this now be useless and i need a new one , would this damage the engine in any way as it would be unbalanced and would it damage any seals etc any info please.

Also is the a way i can check the balance.

good question i had the same happen to my last engine stone got in took 1/2 fins off flywheel it still worked ok but not the same down on power and ran a bit lumpy but i wouldnt use one like it again get a new flywheel now or good second hand one from ebay

Mine runs same no power loss mind you just 1/2 of a single fin and not half the fins missing.

I have been told that none are well balanced anyway when new so 1/2 fin will be fine , i just wanted to double check.

half of one fin that should be ok mine was trashed half on one side 3-4 on the other side made a wicked noise when it went then tons of bit came out the bottom of the engine now i wont go on gravel anymore plus it bashes the crap out of alloy it ends up pitted

The fins help cool the engine down. If they are missing you might experience power loss thru high temps esp when the summer weather comes (in the UK yeah right!!)

Hi mate and it's only 1/2 fin out 100 and i will be suprised if this is enough to cause overheating problems.

ah right half of 1 fin :clown: I mis read it as half of the fins :clown::clown: Too much amber nectar :clown::clown: You will be ok then & I don't think balancing will be an issue after all it only an ally casting so not perfect anyway :)

100 fins?????
I must have been ripped off with mine....coz mine only has 38 fins:clown:

:eek:mg: You really have gone to the trouble and counted how many fins your flywheel has , sorry but i do have a social life and i think you need to get out more often.

i ve sheared nearly all the inner fins off without much real issue.
1/2 of one fin is nothing.

if your concerned, about it being in balance, you can remove about the same amount of fin on the one 180* across from it.
but i say no worries.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks