1:5 buggy baja shock oil and servicing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

So I have searched the site for some info but nothing. Anyways, I have a 1:5 baja buggy. I bought the rig 2nd hand and now I am finding issues left right and centre but that is maybe another topic. I already upgraded to 30channel system and a remote kill switch. Currently attention is on the shocks and specifically the rears. I saw the rears were drooping under static load, so I proceeded to remove and dismantle. Upon my "shock" I realized that the shocks were completely empty, indicating leakage. Proceeded to check with some oil I had in order to check where the were leaking, and the bottom end leaks when I apply pressure.
Question, can I get some o-rings off the shelf (non-hobby shop) and use this to seal that shaft on the bottom end? If so what are those ring specifications?
Also, depending on where you go you will get different info regarding which oil to use. On the HPI hobby site the specifically say, never to use silicon oil in these shock. Others say only use silicon. I am lost. This is not a new rig so I am not too fussed but I would like to extent the seals and shock components as long as I can. I don't bash hard so stresses on shock are minimal. I basically go flat out on flat field.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks