1/5 decal recommendation

Discussion in 'Large Scale RC Paint and Bodies' started by BlakeyB, Apr 17, 2011.

1. BlakeyB

BlakeyB Well-Known Member

Hey guys I am looking for a site that has a large selection of 1/5 decals I can browse. Not sure exactly what I am looking for yet, I have a beetle body on my KM t1000, in a yellow black scheme. Recommendations would be awesome

2. LOST IN MN

LOST IN MN Well-Known Member

What are you wanting sponsor decals or graphics or what? DDM has a few graphics decals type in DECAL in the search to see them.

Or there is this at DDM as well http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.5065/.f

3. BlakeyB

Those are nice I am also looking for racing numbers

4. BlakeyB

For number I had heard that some people have used motorcross decals? Has anyone done this?

5. CSR260

CSR260 Well-Known Member

You can try ebay they have a mad selection of stickers and numbers..

6. hndaman1

hndaman1 Well-Known Member

+1 to that.. Try searching "pit bike decals" in ebay.. you get alot of decals you will find decal sheets for under 5.00

7. Elk

Elk Well-Known Member

Check you local bicycle shop. Shops that specialize in BMX racing will carry ABA and NBL numbers that are approximately 4" tall and either black or white. They often come in sheets of 3, 1 large plate number, and three corresponding smaller numbers for helmets. ANother option I have used is to purchase Motocross vinyl graphics kits, for example, this is what I did with Monster Energy logos before everyone and the brother and grandmother were using them.

Good luck!

-J

8. BlakeyB

Nice thanks guys, I just bought the pit sticker, now I will check for the racing numbers. I will post the finished product when I am done.

9. Hippydrome

Hippydrome Member

Hey Blakey

Check out this page. I got the clear decal waterslide kit and printed my own decals and they work really well and hold up against the elements.

here is a pic of the car I did.

Cheers,

HD

http://www.hobbymamma.com/clear-and-white-waterslide-decal-kit-3x-clear-2x-white-2oz--c-4-p-1-pr-16836.html

Attached Files:

10. BlakeyB

Wow that came out really nice. I am actually very familiar with the water slide kits. I use them all the time when I am making scale models. I just never thought they would hold up. Great looking shell