1/5 rovan 36cc clutch issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle0208

I recently bought a rovan 36cc 5T that had a burnt out clutch so I replaced it with a dual spring metal clutch with 8k springs. When I was outside testing it smoke was coming from the clutch area does anyone have any advise on these metal clutch

Attachments

• 26C7EB0A-DC9B-4685-B5ED-7BA420907A0B.png
    26C7EB0A-DC9B-4685-B5ED-7BA420907A0B.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 10
I recently bought a rovan 36cc 5T that had a burnt out clutch so I replaced it with a dual spring metal clutch with 8k springs. When I was outside testing it smoke was coming from the clutch area does anyone have any advise on these metal clutch
First off nobody can give you any accurate guidance advice until we get more details about what's going on. Your too vague on info and need to give us more details about what's happening. I'm having a real hard time understanding why a brand new clutch is blowing smoke ??? That's a tell tale sign that your clutch is overheating from some type of major drag.

1) will your drivetrain spin freely by hand ? (make sure your brakes are free and not locking when you have your transmitter on and trying to accelerate )

2) Does the clutchbell spin freely by hand ?

3) what happens when you rev the engine with the wheels off the ground ? Is the clutchbell trying to spin ?

From my experience alx 70mm clutch rcmax 62mm clutch and my ufc 54mm all smoked form the initial first tank🤔 but after they have seated/beded in and the oil gets burnt off the smoke stopped 👍🏻
Its not a top shelf clutch👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻
Buy a ufc or fs and be done with it👍🏻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks