1/5 Scale 30 Degree North BWS-5B 29cc 4WD RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCRon

Does anyone have experience with the 1/5 scale 30DN BWS-5B good or bad. Thinking about this as a starting point and later add a Losi 5ive T. This would be for general use by myself and my boys. None of us have experience in gas so we would go to school on this one. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

My cousin bought one and as he didn't want to spent too much money on a 1/5. Paid $635 shipped RTR during the sale. For the money is pretty good buggy. Much better than the rovans. I actually like the drivetrain layout. Engine is more towards the rear. Servos are extremely strong and fast on 2S. Only draw back is that no aftermarket support. The rear diff towers really need to be aluminum as they flex too much same goes to the throttle/brake servo Tray.

The shocks need to be rebuilt and pistons holes bored out bigger as the damping is extremely stiff.

Exhaust is pretty good and sounds amazing with the silencer removed.

Motor has very good power for 29cc.

I actually do recommend it. Just make sure to shoo goo the body as the paint easily gets damaged.

I mostly work on his car as he doesn't know much about 1/5 yet but I do like the platform.

We just installed the front 5B bumper and nose clip and i think it looks much better.

PXL_20230217_033400546.PORTRAIT~3.jpg

Last edited:
are parts interchangeable with the 5ive b? i had a king motor baja and a lot of parts made for the hpi baja fits. in the end i got tired of constantly catching up fixing it. i am a lil curious about the 30dn buggy coz i kinda want one but can't find a 5ive b for a fair price.
Does anyone have experience with the 1/5 scale 30DN BWS-5B good or bad. Thinking about this as a starting point and later add a Losi 5ive T. This would be for general use by myself and my boys. None of us have experience in gas so we would go to school on this one. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
if you're going to add a 5ive t, you're probably better off starting there and get familiar on a tested platform with lots of part support. also if you get tired of the 1/5 whether it's too big or too
much maintenance, the losi will probably be easier to sell and hold most of its value. horizon have had flash sale prior where you can get $360 off on the 5ive t or dbxl gas 2.0.

Last edited:
Not all the parts are interchangeable. Chassis is 90% different, rear bulk head, center drivetrain and some other things.

i've got the bws 5t and the quality is brilliant and i would assume the 5b would be the same in terms of quality

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks