1/5 scale petrol radio question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonnyMc

Hello everyone

I'm new into the 1/5 scale sence
Today i've been able to get my truck running without no bloody rain...
im on my thrid part of break in, drive around with no more then half throttle all that stuff

when i've been going around with my truck i've been getting radio interfence, i have looked into it abit more
check wires
check connections
check battery voltage
all fine, no breakage + battery is showing full

+ the radio has a auto failsafe on it

The truck is completely fine without the engine running, no inteference at all (i left it sat with the truck powered on + controller)

as soon as i start the engine, i get instant interference, the servo's are twitching back and forth, and sometimes lose connection to the controller
even if i turn off controller and back on, still no connection

i've not had this time of interfernece with my smaller scale models in the past

thanks sonny

No he doesn't have a kill switch and he said his battery was showing full charge.
Its prolly from the ignition system. I would suspect your not running a resistor style spark plug, or there is a tear in the high tension lead to the plug

Hello
thanks for the replys,
the engine has come with a kill swtch inbuild like every other engine, the radio gear is seperate
the only thing the radio is powerin is the, servo's

I have a battery indecator it tells me when the battery is low/ med / high at all times when in use
and yes it does 6volts aswell

The model is brand new but i will take off the HT lead and check fully on the wiring again

the engine has come with a kill swtch inbuild like every other engine

That is the stop button. A kill switch makes it possible (in theory at least) to stop the engine on a run-away RC. If e.g a servo has died and got stuck in full speed position. I think the easiest fix for you is to get hold of a ferrite ring (find instructions on youtube), Alternatively get thicker and better shielded cable or place a choke or a lowpass filter before the servos. Either of these methods should lower twitching and jitter. I think the ferrite ring should be the first line of defense.

Edit. Ferrite is first line after you have checked spark plug and connections, that is. You risk having the engine behave like a giant mechanical radio transmitter that goes "one one one one one one one" apx 20.000 times per minute and servoes and radios really don't like that, for some reason.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks