1/5th scale on-road @ Joliet, IL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

British Menace

Hey all....

For those interested, we are starting to get some interest in running 1/5th scale cars at Joliet, IL on their on-road track.

A number of people have car's and getting them ready, others are awaiting cars to be delivered.
All in all, things look very promising for us all getting together at the track soon, maybe early spring??

Once I know more I will post details.

Thanks.

Regards
BM

I figured with the interest now being seen and the news I had yesterday.
It was time to share ........

To all those interested, we do now have our first 1/5th scale on-road event provisional y booked at the track!

The day is Saturday 11th July From 8.00am till 3.00pm

It is looking as though the day will cost around $12 each. The timing equipment will be available and we are able to pit around the track if you desire.

If you would, please post here or send me a pm if you are interested and can see yourself attending.

This is a great opportunity for us to run our 1/5th scale car's at a very nice facility.
A big thank you goes to Alex for making the necessary arrangements and to Scotty and all those at LeisureHours Raceway!!

Let's see if we can at last get some 1/5th scale on-road action going here in the MidWest...... and where better to start then http://leisurehoursraceway.com/

Hope to see you there.

Regards
BM

Hey looker2756 ....,...

It would be great to see you there! To my knowledge it will be the first 1/5th scale on-road meet at the track?!
There is a small group of us (5 or 6) that are eager to get to run on a track like this......
From this meet, we are hoping to strike more interest in the locality and to maybe organize a race or set-p/ test day next time out. Depending what people want.
I hope you will be able to make it and help get 1/5th scale on-road a great start here in the MidWest.

Regards
BM

Hey looker2756 ....,...

It would be great to see you there! To my knowledge it will be the first 1/5th scale on-road meet at the track?!
There is a small group of us (5 or 6) that are eager to get to run on a track like this......
From this meet, we are hoping to strike more interest in the locality and to maybe organize a race or set-p/ test day next time out. Depending what people want.
I hope you will be able to make it and help get 1/5th scale on-road a great start here in the MidWest.

Regards
BM

What is most people going to be running ?

Are there guys with FG Sedan type cars ?

LOSI 5ive t with slicks ?

HPI Baja with slicks ?

Will there be 2wd & 4wd catagories ?

I'm real curious, as we have been there with our 5th scales before, but ran indoors, to try that track out a few years back.
Didn't really work out real well, but we had some time during the I-hobby show to run down & try it out.
That on-road track is Amazing & the view from the drivers stand is Sweet.
I would definitely like to make that journey & give it a shot.

I think there will be a mix of cars down there. I have an F1. Another I know has an F1. Others I believe have sedan types ( 3 or 4 people) Others we are trying to get to come could well be slick shod off roaders!? Which could be interesting!!
We really have the aim of sparking interest in the region for these cars and to have some fun with them on a really nice track.
There will be food and beverages there and we will have the track to our selves ...... Maybe just as well haha.

Running 1/5th scale on thire indoor off-road track sounds like it would have been a little tight and challenging! ..... I think the outdoor on-road track will be a lot more accommodating!!

I really do hope you can make it.... Drag a.n. other with you and make a day of it ;-)
Once we get some interest, it would be one heck of a venue for some great on road racing events. Maybe being able to attract others from our neighboring states who are a little more established in the 1/5th scale on road scene.
But it all has to start somewhere. Hopefully..... This is where its going to start.

See you there then? ...... :)

Regards
BM

Last edited:
I really want to see an on road race. Here in Michigan i run with at least 12 guys thats running FG's and MCD's. Every guy have at least 2 on road cars. I want to see how my XS-5 will perform on a track.

I sold my on-road car about 4 years ago now, and I miss it ALL THE TIME !

RallyBike026.jpg

:( Sniff - Sniff

I sold my on-road car about 4 years ago now, and I miss it ALL THE TIME !

RallyBike026.jpg

:( Sniff - Sniff

Wow ...... I am not surprised looker! That's a sweet looking car!!
A few months ago I was thinking of selling my 1/5th scale F1...... Pleased I didn't now. Although I was thinking of getting the Mecatek FW-4 and selling the F1 to help finance the new project car. But then I won't have a car to run in this new venture at Leisurehours?!
May just get the Mecatek anyway.

Regards
BM

Hi
I really want to see an on road race. Here in Michigan i run with at least 12 guys thats running FG's and MCD's. Every guy have at least 2 on road cars. I want to see how my XS-5 will perform on a track.

Hey chimera guy ...... Come down and see and have a day out with us. I think this meet will be as much a social event as an RC event. But we will have some fun out there.
I too am sooooo looking forward to throwing the car around a nice track like this one.

Come on down mate and bring a friend. Maybe we can get some good racing going between us all during the summer??

Regards
BM

PS. Thanks for posting!

Last edited:

I'll check with Troy and Scott at LargeScaleRC about bringing out an XS-5 to the event. After all, they are the exclusive MCD distributor in the US and some exposure may help sales. ;)

I sold my x4 year ago but i ll be there with elcon mmx and modified dbxl on slicks. There will be atleast 5-7 onroad guys coming from chicago including Alex aka Pegleg.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks