1/6 scale Warthog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blank

Hello,

I'm actually a new old person on here. I want to make a 1/6 scale Warthog from the Halo game. I did a search and came up with nothing. I need some help to figure out how I'm going to do this.

What my plan is take my T-maxx cut the frame and extend it. I can see I will need to extend the drive shaft (hopefully just the front) or can I buy a shaft that is already extended?

1. What is the measurements of a 1/6 scale warthog? center of front wheel to back wheel, height, and so on.

2. what would be involved in extending my T-maxx?

3. Do they make driveshaft and other parts to do this? if so would the parts fit to make it 1/6 scale?

I'm sure I will have more questions as this goes on. We are hoping this is going to be used in a Halo ad when were done along with scale model action figures.

I need some good advice here fellas it's going to take along time to make the body for this thing from scratch. I have included links to some pics.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&um=1&q=Halo+warthog+pics&sa=N&start=80&ndsp=20

Thanks in advance for advice I'm gonna need it.

Blank

As a huge halo fan I want to wish you the best of
luck with this project. Why not just start out with
a 1/5 or 1/6 scale frame as that would be easy - just fab a body:)

Thanks Kamitiro,

Problem there is cost and availability and I already have the T-maxx. I would love to do that if I had one that is scale. By the time you add it all up I'm into more money than I can afford. We are trying to do 1/6 scale stuff for a halo film it needs to look 1:1 scale. I'm not even sure it's going to happen so the budget is out of my own pocket to make everything in 1/6th.

Your right that would be the way to go if the budget was there. I just got layed off from my job and that kinda brought everything surrounding this to a crashing halt, after we had been working nights to get things done round the clock this is a major blow, so I'm doing what I can to keep it going.

Sorry didn't mean to go :eek:ff-topic:

the drive shaft is easy. use a couple stockers and cut off the smaller inside part from one (male). run a female off both the tranny and dif. glue the cut section in one end and leave the other side to free float like normal. just cut the length you need.

you have to custom make a chassis and braces

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks