1/8 Mantis nitro.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

Well Known Member
Well ,I figured out how to edit a vid ,all of my vids were controlled by another person with a regular standard
camera that is raw an un-edited footage!
Here is one of my nitro rigs ,it is a Robotronic Mantis 1/8 truggy!
I had bought this truck about 10 yrs ago on E-bay auction for $225 bucks ,the only reason that I got it used
is because the original owner didn't even set it on the ground ,an I think that he only actually ran a couple
of tanks in it ,wasn't even broke in ,but anyways ,I got it on intensions of racing it at the local track ,but that
track had closed its doors for good ,an for years the truck sat on the shelf because I had others to bang on ,
The truck is in new mint condition an I only ran it lightly for about 8 times now!

Last edited:
Very clean rig! Bot too many that old in such nice shape ?

Yea ,it is out dated & discontinued ,I would have to keep a watch out for any spare parts an make sure that the
running gear is safe!
I really haven't spent too much time with it ,it needs tuned an some adjustments ,I will try to do those things
with in these few days!
As far as my Baja ,I need to go an get some more gas ,so that I can work the bugs out ,changed the diaphram
in the carb ,but it is old ,it did stay running at idle ,but don't know if it will run clean at full WOT ,I just want to
isolate the issue so I know what I need to purchase ,I will see about it in a few days!...:cool:

I been working on my Mantis this morning ,Bleh.....it is hard to get to areas on these truggy's ,an my hand & eyeballs are hurtin
already!....:banghead:
The Baja & my Mgt.'s are much easier to work on!

My throttle an brake was out of wack with each other ,but also I was turning the wrong knob on the trans. ,but I also
notice that there was way too much slack between the pad plates ,the lever wasn't moving enough for the amount
of slop ,so I shimmed it up with some washers ,getting it back together now ,I should get another vid tomorrow!...:cool:

Ok ,did the mechanical work last night ,this afternoon ,I put it on the stand to do a pre-tune .it wouldn't tune ,
like it wasn't getting fuel ,took the tank off ,an the tank was dirty & did have moister in it from sitting so long!...:cool:

That was a relief ,now here is a better run an tune ,not a perfect tune ,but good enough to be cool & peppy!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks