1/8 scale HPI Savage SC 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokestroke

Whats up.

Just found these forums after deciding on a whim to build a 2 stroke truck. The story goes like this...I got an HPI Savage X 4.6 from a gentleman on another forum for the price of shipping, ended up costing $54 to ship from GA to MI. Well it turned out that the Savage had a blown motor. I considered converting it to brushless because it has the HD diffs.

0124211531.jpg

This is a 1/5th scale forum meaning bought as a 1/5 scale to begin with and not Frankenstein shoe horn a weed whacker engine on an 1/8 scale truck which looks hideous and ridiculous btw....

Since your extremely new to this forum id either pack it up with your obomination or get a real 5th scale to continue your stay here. WANKER

I wanna see it run

If this forum allows, hahah. 27.5 Rovan with HPI Baja bits. Nothing fancy
Im not new to forums, the "dog pile" tactics are pointless.
This is a 1/5th scale forum meaning bought as a 1/5 scale to begin with and not Frankenstein shoe horn a weed whacker engine on an 1/8 scale truck which looks hideous and ridiculous btw....

Since your extremely new to this forum id either pack it up with your obomination or get a real 5th scale to continue your stay here. WANKER

Well the Savage platform isnt exactly beautiful.
We'll see.. you being this new and being an issue so early in your stay here I'd say otherwise. This isn't your forum your a guest here
So no new members? What is the issue?

Last edited:
So back to the build, sorry if some of you are so offended by it being a 1/6 scale and not 1/5. The wheelbase is .20" shorter than a Rampage XT and that is allowed on this site. :whistle: Maybe I can change the thread title to say 1/5 instead of 1/6 to ease the troubled mind. The original plan was a 22in wheelbase to match the Rovan T1000, 5ive, etc because most of the available body shells are for 22" WB trucks. Unfortunately it was too disproportionate to it's width. Decided on a 19.5" wheelbase, 16" wide (17.8" with hub spacers)

Started off by ordering a pile of 1/5 drivetrain parts and the most popular 1/5 (long run) seems to be the HPI Baja platform. From there I picked up a cheap 27.5cc Rovan, Baja clutch bell and support, Baja spur, and Baja fuel tank.

It's an 1/8 scale mate. Most of us here own or owned a savage. It don't matter how long you stretch it out, it will always be an 1/8 scale. Sorry play somewhere else.
Fek still a lawn mower, see it's still got the deck under it. Bet it mows like all heck. But I guess since they had to stretch the chassis out to fit it in there it magically turned into a 6420jd. Hitch up the 8 bottom gents.....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks