1107 carb question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fired up my rig yesterday... everything was running/doing great... then all the sudden the engine died like I was outta gas.. only I still had plenty in the tank.. I noticed the primer bulb was completely empty and if I attempted to reprime it it wouldn’t even try to suck any fuel into the carb... I checked all the lines filters and such.. everything seemed fine but it just wouldn’t prime at all... any thoughts guys?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

I had that happen once last summer, chalked it up to a hot carb. Started acting normal after a break and little cooler afternoon temps.

Had that happen to my weed eater last year, same thing. Found out the gasket wasn't cut right and when it got hot, it sweld up and cut the fuel off. Worth a try. The fuel hole was cut wrong and wouldn't let fuel thru when it got hot.

Well I tryed it again this afternoon.. it started out great then did the same thing... so I did a pressure test on the engine exhaust included and discovered my carb throttle shaft was leaking severely... so I replaced it with a new upgraded 1107 carb with shaft bearings installed... presto! Leak gone... then while getting new carb adjusted the rod broke... joy.... guess it’s time to upgrade lol

Well not exactly a broke rod but rod bearing failure on the crank... thankfully it didn’t damage my new esp 32cc top end kit I had just installed... so new crank and reed case coming!

Attachments

• 051E8C8A-AF94-49EF-B177-63F69E2D3ECD.jpeg
    051E8C8A-AF94-49EF-B177-63F69E2D3ECD.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 22
I have had similar problems with 2 modified g320's. I have blown paper head and crankcase gaskets. The paper doesn't seem to be able to take the compression. In one case felt the air from the head and in the second saw fuel leakage and the gasket blown out. Replaced head with copper. Cannot find the gasket for the crankcase with reed box, area rc/DGI, if anybody knows where to get them.

Originally it was a rovan 36cc... it ran pretty good imo.. but I wanted a little more so I decided to upgrade to an esp 32cc top end kit.. machined for a 2mm stroker crank.. which sounded mean as hell idling and seemed to run well considering I was still breaking it in... and I had the carb almost dialed in and while idling it just died and locked tight.. from what sounded like a broke rod at first but apon disassembly I found that the needle bearing on the crank had disintegrated and it locked at the bottom of the stroke... amazingly enough it didn’t hurt my new top end at all... yay.. lol so I’ve ordered a new stroker crank and a reed case to rebuild it with..

I was considering doing an ESP top end on my Rovan case but decided it wasn't worth the risk since chunks of metal had gone through it, and the lower needle bearing felt a bit sloppy, case bearings felt a bit rough also.

Yeah... apparently they can’t handle it lol.. glad I got lucky and didn’t ruin my new top end... should be a beast on an obr/tr Reed case.. we shall see hopefully have parts by Saturday to rebuild..

I'll bet, I would surely be stoked. I'm looking forward to getting some more time on my new ESP race ported 34, sent my Hitec SGT1000 servo in for service so that truck is setting idle till the servo comes home. On the bright side my back up truck with the ESP stroked 34 is rocking this year after a TLR Chassis and drive line makeover.

I fired up my rig yesterday... everything was running/doing great... then all the sudden the engine died like I was outta gas.. only I still had plenty in the tank.. I noticed the primer bulb was completely empty and if I attempted to reprime it it wouldn’t even try to suck any fuel into the carb... I checked all the lines filters and such.. everything seemed fine but it just wouldn’t prime at all... any thoughts guys?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
your probably running a 32 and they suck fuel. your too lean on the high needle, richen the high needle. do a couple of runs and bring it to check the fuel bulb if its not filled with fuel make another adjustment. Also install a snappy fuel kit with a breather to prevent fuel lock and use a larger diameter fuel line 5/32 will also hold more fuel

your probably running a 32 and they suck fuel. your too lean on the high needle, richen the high needle. do a couple of runs and bring it to check the fuel bulb if its not filled with fuel make another adjustment. Also install a snappy fuel kit with a breather to prevent fuel lock and use a larger diameter fuel line 5/32 will also hold more fuel
I upgraded to the snappy rc and bigger lines shortly after break in.. heard all the horror story from starving these big engines for fuel... I always tried to keep it alittle on the rich side try to get the most out of the factory rovan 36cc engine... sadly a little over 4 gallons is all she could take.. which I actually expected... I’ve always enjoyed upgrading things and making things better and faster.. I’m currently almost finished assembling my new 34cc reed cased ESP race ported mill... can’t wait to hear it come to life... more updates to come

Well got her all put together... and one break-in tank down... she sounds very healthy... never completely built one of these motors from scratch before... these motors are works of art... it’s a shame you can’t see much of em once there installed lol

Good!!!
I came up with a better fuel delivery system. I installed the snappy fuel kit and threw away the clunk filter. The clunk filter will cause you problems down the line. I extended the fuel pipe and added a piece of fuel line approx. 1/8 " off the bottom of the fuel tank, for free flow fuel pressure, no restrictions. Than purchased a quick fire fuel balancer and filter. This is an external filter that goes between the tank and carburetor. the filter is good for a 100 tank fills and holds approx. 2 ounces of fuel in it. To replace the filter is about 2 bucks at your auto parts store. I use this on my 32 and never have fuel issues and increases engine performance. This is an awesome set up that I came up with and will not let you down. research it and let me know what you think!!!!!

That was fast!!! Your truck will scream for sure. I developed it and your the only one I every told. This is the racers edge, keep it to your self as you run circles around the competition. Let me know what you think when you get it installed and running, later!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks