12s MCD XR5 Max Pro! not many Brushless around these parts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

1689379710229.png

Finally got my first MCD rig and all I can say is this thing is amazing. Expensive AF but amazing! I can't even imagine what the ultimate version is like at 2500$

1689379731003.png
1689379742513.png
side by side with the rovan f5

I started off with the gas roller instead of the electric roller because it comes with the mechanical brakes preinstalled. I had to spend an extra 145$ on the electric conversion kit because of it which means I basically paid 145$ for the mechanical brakes but it was worth it to me. My rovan f5 doesn't have them and at times I felt like the brakes weren't' strong enough. These rigs are heavy AF and go fast. :eek::cool:

1689379758259.png

I ended up starting with the Max 4 instead of the pictured max 5 and the sensored 56118 800kv. For the brake servo I went with a cheapo amazon DS and for steering I went with the 80kg cheapo beast from aliexpress. Love this thing, been great in my traxxas XRT so I figured why not?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804094242829.html?

1689379777467.png

1689379791971.png

First time trying to run it and the max 4 exploded into a ball of flames. Good thing I hadn't finished the body yet and it happened without it on.

1689379814429.png

After the fire and with the max 5 g2 installed, I ended up snapping the motor shaft on the brand new hw 56118 800kv after only a few mins on the street. At this point I was thinking the rig was cursed. To make the situation even worse, the motor shaft snapped inside of the motor output shaft.

1689379828283.png

That adapter goes onto the motor shaft and the pinion goes onto that adapter. With the shaft broken inside of it and me not able to get it out I was kind of screwed. Of course, Cardinal racing was sold out of the part and rovan doesn't even list the part separately, assuming the rovan equivalent even fits. Its included in both companies electric conversion kits that cost 140$ for the mcd and 170$ for the rovans. Yea screw that lol. I ended up finding the rovan part on aliexpress for 8$ and ordered a few of them. Then I paid an exorbitant amount of money for the fastest shipping I could get because I don't have patience.

After all of that I finally got the bright idea to just take the whole motor mount and motor out of my rovan f5 and install it into the mcd. They looked similar enough and it is a clone so yolo!. It worked! and I finally got to drive it without waiting on my part from china.

I ordered a spare max 4 while I waited for my replacement from the fire. I had my real first run with the max 5 g2 and now TP 5870 750kv

These two were with the max 4 + TP5870 750kv

I love this car

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My sensored tp 5870 800kv finally got here and I got a test drive in with it.

I now love this car even more. I didn't think it was possible to love it as much as I do. It's so on RAILS!! my rovan f5 cannot compare at all even though I like that car too. It takes no effort to drive this mcd and my center outdrive cups? aren't getting worn out after 2 packs like the rovan.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks