2 hitec or 1 hilantronics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Dawg

So my Losi 5ive b has a few hours of run time now. It’s got the tlr brushless conversion so it’s got the carbon fiber lay down dual servo setup. I had two cheaper servos just to get it rolling and one of them seized.

Is one hilantronics 70180d comparable to two hitec 845 or better or worse. What’s your guys opinion? Also has anyone used a single servo in that layed down servo configuration? Just curious if you move the servo to the center holes and can I still use the push pull setup?

thanis

Yeah and 1 of the hilantronics is still cheaper them 2 of hitec or savox so if the hilantronics is as good then maybe that’s the way to go. Having two servos is great though the steering stays rock solid through turns.

motor died, had it for 6 months and was sitting for 2. end points were right and everything, no moisture exposure, it just died out of nowhere. luckily hitec warrantied it but i bought a savox now.

Hilantronics 100%. Dual servos can be a pain
Yeah when I set up the servos they were both centered and not pulling each other but after removing the dead servo my trim was way off so I wonder if they were fighting each other which lead to the failure

I don't think you get the full benefit of dual servos with the 5B setup. Geometry is not my strong suit but I cant imagine 2 servos attached would be stronger than one to each wheel.

When you say jittery do you mean actual movement or just motor noise?
Yep took a video and posted it a wile back. Drives me nuts. Hitec said send it was my radio. Did the same plugged into the gt3-c on the axial.
I don't think you get the full benefit of dual servos with the 5B setup. Geometry is not my strong suit but I cant imagine 2 servos attached would be stronger than one to each wheel.
Your doubling your torque capacity how does it matter if its attached to each wheel or not? Your too worried about duel rate steering, and tbh theres no need for that in our application

But where are you loosing torque? The mechanical advantage is the same, it's just the different placement of the servos. The fulcrum is the same length as with one servo, you've just doubled your force acting in the same fulcrum. Your looking to make the front wheels steer at different rates(aukerman, steer braking, ect.) , through the mix on the tx or don't have space to run 2 side by side no difference in effort.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks