2 speed km baja wont move

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disco

i got a km 2 speed rev 30.5 and it wont move i think its the spur gear. any one know were i can get a new one please help im new to this

hi and welcome to lsf, have any of the gears lost teeth ? if not check the internals of the gearbox rc modelz should do the spare parts, sometimes it less hassle to just run single speed.

hi thanks for the reply yeah basically i was taking it across the field and it stop moving the clutch bell spins the gears all spin but the drive gear shaft don't but i think theres a one way bearing that sits in the gear mount i think thats gone

http://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/product/King-Motor-rev-2-speed-30.5cc.php

theres pics on there off the 2 speed
stu

yes its the same 2 speed i had on my km, It does have a oneway bearing behind the large spurgear pull it off and have alook, i think you'll find the oneway bearing needs replacing

IMG_0357.jpg

Last edited:
yes its the same 2 speed i had on my km, It does have a oneway bearing behind the large spurgear pull it off and have alook, i think you'll find the oneway bearing needs replacing

IMG_0357.jpg

had a look and yeah the one way bearing has gone do you no were i can get one from and i take it there not very strong
thanks stu

theres k,m one way bearings on ebay but whats the point buying another k,m one if they don,t last is there a code on the bearing if so you could get one from a bearing shop theres a few on ebay with fast delivery.

Are you sure that is the corect bearing on the pic it seems to just have 1 notch on the inside the 2 speed bearings I have have 2 notches not sure if that matters or not.

i have had mine out for quite a few runs and the 1 way bearing on mine is still in good shape.

Yes mine has last a very long time its how the gear mesh is set that is very important from the factory the gear mesh from the km are tight and cause the bearing to go out very quickly. If you remove the gears and mesh the gears right a lil loose the bearing will last.

Was the bearing the same size other than only having one notch on the inside I was gonna modify the second notch at work if there the same size since I ordered it already and order the right one says it won't b here till jan anyways thanks

Was the bearing the same size other than only having one notch on the inside I was gonna modify the second notch at work if there the same size since I ordered it already and order the right one says it won't b here till jan anyways thanks

yeah its the same size mate but like said its missing a notch and the two notches were the wrong size. for me it was easier to buy the wright one. i would contact dan and see if he has any in stock mate

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks