2 speed transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacher

I'm thinking of upgrading my transmission to a 2 speed setup. I've read a lot of good things about the Baja Skunkworks 2 speed setup, but can't seem to find anywhere that carries it. Has this transmission been discontinued? Are there other reliable alternatives?

I have seen on by KM on ebay, but I'm concerned because the gears look plastic. I'm assuming that steel gears would increase the reliability.

Nuff said. I think I'll hold out for one of the better ones. I just emailed OBR to see when and if the expect to have them in stock.

I may simply (not that I have a choice) hold off on this upgrade until one of the quality kits is available.

i have the 2speed km locker.its been good only because i blueprinted/reworked the mechanisms.i been going for two years/three gallons,,,,,,,,,no parts replaced.

My buddy Moe runs the 3 speed, he's gone thru 3 one way bearings & 2 out of the 3 gears exploded this season, 3 weeks for parts to be delivered has to be tuff. The BBrc/OBR 2 speed is 2nd to none, IMO, you should check out the obr 2speed.

48a82988f78fa241f1cdab62aaa5917d.jpg

thats a beauty!!! the 2 speed locker i have is rock solid once i went through it and got the bugs outta it,,,,,,,,,,,yeah the 3speed looks great but,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the km locker,,,,,no shift clutch.uses two big pawls that grab pins to shift.i have it set high enough so when it lockers in it pulls both front wheels right off the ground.,,,,i have been beating the hell outta it for Three gallons easy.

the km locker,,,,,no shift clutch.uses two big pawls that grab pins to shift.i have it set high enough so when it lockers in it pulls both front wheels right off the ground.,,,,i have been beating the hell outta it for Three gallons easy.
Are you able to change the gears to taller gears?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks