2 speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not run a two speed on 1/5th scale before but I would say if you have a high power motor just consider the shock through the transmission when it shifts it could cause premature failure just something to consider?

I've put a 20t pinion on my rig and it gives a good top end without sacrificing the bottom end but this is running with a OBR 30.5 prostock (which just died that's another story) VRC big bore pipe and a WT990.

Maybe you could consider swapping out the pinion if your looking for more top end.....

Anyway sorry if this is a little off topic but still kind of relevant.

The 2 speed works great if you are running the stock motor It will allow you to have great take off speed and great top speed without not having to give up one or the other. Now on a higher power motor I just prefer to change the pinion and spur gear so that the gears wont wind up to quickly and you just have a high reeving motor. I have bee running the Demon RC 2 speed for over a year on the five and I have not had any trans problems and I have raced it several time on large oval track.

rcspeedmart, you said you raced it with the 2speed. I am curious what diff weight you used front to back. I really want the 2speed in my 5ive but I also enjoy the center diff. Back in my revo days having the 2speed and the center diff was all around fun. I just wish this was possible with the 5ive but if you have raced it successfully I may just get it. Thanks.

Yes it does sorry was typing to fast but that is correct. 30K front 10K Rear I have so many its kinda hard to remember all of them and its been over a year since I have done them.

I understand that lol.

When I was racing my revo, d8t and d8 I sometimes told people my diff weights for my revo when they asked about my buggy :p.

Thanks for the weights. Gonna place an order on the 2speed this week. :clap:

Has anyone bought the demon rc 2 speed in the last couple of months? Everywhere you look they are out of stock, only place that it looks like you can buy is strait through demons website just not sure if you would actually get it very fast?

Edit: out of stock on demons site to.

Last edited:
Has anyone bought the demon rc 2 speed in the last couple of months? Everywhere you look they are out of stock, only place that it looks like you can buy is strait through demons website just not sure if you would actually get it very fast?

Edit: out of stock on demons site to.
I email demon rc I have not got not one thing back large scale rc will not sale the fid racing 2 speed trans I got a fid racing 2 speed from a good friend but I have not put it in at this time got too get my new engine broke in and know fid racing has come out with gen 2 / 2 speed got some up grades on it this gen 1 got from a friend looks fine too me

I emailed them to, the 2015 FID 2 speed is more of a top end tranny the first gear is way high 20/57 kinda pointless unless you want to go fast were the old one was 18/59 witch is better. I think the Demons ratio suits me better (17/61) if they will ever sell them again.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks