29 cc problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crawlercrazed

i got a used marder with a 29cc cy engine.it sat for a year before i got it. its gettin enough fuel, changed plug, when i pull the pull start, it turns over but doesn't fire. the kill switch is ok n not stuck. how do you check for spark with out getttin shocked?? cuz if im not getttin spark wont that be the coil???

Could be the spark plug is no good...you need to check the gap for the coil......
revove the pull starter..the fan cover...loosen the 2 screws on the coil...make sure the
magnet is away from the coil...Now place a business card between the coil and fly wheel
turn the flywheel till the coil drops down tight...make sure you use red lock tite on
the 2 screws then tighten the coil screws..remove the business card.....let set over night
too cure the lock tite..you done..the correct gap is set..........
too check spark put the spark plug in the wire lay on top of the engine to make a
ground an pull the pull starter..you should see a spark.........
I would try a new spark plug ..first just may be a bad spark plug...Slawhammer

its not a plug. i replaced it and still nothing. when i get a chance today ill check for spark, then check the gap. hopefully i don't have to oder one

to check spark: remove the plug from engine, put spark plug int he coil plug lead and hold against the head or the exhaust, pull the motor a couple of times you should see a blue spark

check the air filter...make sure it's clean...check the exhaust for being plugged up...
if you have fuel..fire..air..should start....could to much gas in lower end...or you some how lost compression...you can add a teaspoon of 2 stroke out of the container...pour in the spark plug hole..this will make a seal for compression....Just some ideas.........
some one else may have a couple as well....Slawhammer

check the air filter...make sure it's clean...check the exhaust for being plugged up...
if you have fuel..fire..air..should start....could to much gas in lower end...or you some how lost compression...you can add a teaspoon of 2 stroke out of the container...pour in the spark plug hole..this will make a seal for compression....Just some ideas.........
some one else may have a couple as well....Slawhammer

air filter appears clean, exhaust is ok, carb is allowing fuel.. it starts and runs for 5 seconds at the longest. it high revs and dies. but every time i have to "pump" fuel into the carb to get it to start. so i think i may need a new carb

check the 4 little screws to be tight around the prime bulb...Fuel line may have a pin hole
check the filter in the fuel tank...where the line attach's to the filter.....it should run longer than 5 seconds.....so your not getting fuel all the time....

check the 4 little screws to be tight around the prime bulb...Fuel line may have a pin hole
check the filter in the fuel tank...where the line attach's to the filter.....it should run longer than 5 seconds.....so your not getting fuel all the time....

those 4 screws are tight. fuel lines are ok as well as the filter. im thinkin it may be something in my carb ( the car sat for close to as year not ran) like some needle or a small filter i didnt see or its plugged. should i tear it apart and soak it in fuel or something over night to clean it

ok then...you have to take off the....on the bottom of the carb..take the 4 screws
loose...becareful of the casket....you will see a screen very fine...you can clean that...
brake cleaner works very good..then you should be ok....do not mess with any thing else
unless you want to remove the needles...to clean off....Slawhammer

I am thinking crud on the needle tips & maybe the internal jets got crud in them..
PS..last thing..you can order a wt668 carb....if all this fails...

Last edited:
Not sure on gas..I have always used a cleaner to clean the carb...like brake clean..
take the needles out and spray good let sit do it again...That's always work....
I have never soaked any thing in gas over night..Maybe some else has...Slawhammer

there is only 3 things needed to make an engine work:

fuel

spark

compression

if you have fuel, you have a good spark, i will be looking into compression next, cheacking for airleaks, and i would check to see if the head is worn and to see if the piston ring is stuck, it might feel like it has good compression, but 9/10 when im told this the engine has lost enough not to start

got my oneil bros package today. its a walboro 813 carb, and new cone airfilter. put it together and tuned it. off it went . runs awsome now. then she flipped and i broke the spark plug....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks