DBXL 2.0 2WD conversion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

Hi guys, ive seen vids etc of 5ts being converted to 2wd using hpi baja rear end etc (hybrid) has anyone tried the same with a dbxl?

Is it possible? Im not going to do it by the way! But i may give it a go in the future on another dbxl, just putting the feelers out at mo as to weather its possible and how reliable it would be in use etc cheers!

i've never seen a hybrid dbxl mate, wouldnt be the easiest thing to do,
but easiest way to find out what a 2wd dbxl would be like is fit a centre diff locker and remove all the front driveline, diff etc and see how it handles,
it would be a lot lighter without the front driveline parts in there,

Many have, they made kits years ago but they are long gone but ones for resale privately. Same idea though as a losi 5ive-t

Oc Baja was the original hybrid designer, then it went from their. He did a dbxl kit, but didn't do very many. I know of a few people who have them, 1 I believe is for sale

Last edited:
ok thanks guys! like i say will prob be a while off if i d decide to have a go, but im in proccess of rebuilding my FG monster so that will do for now for my 2WD fix ^^

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks