30.5 obr head

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yetisimon

Hi
I have a losi 5t with a engine that I've rebuilt with a obr head,piston, +2mm stroke crank,titanium wrist pin,samba pipe, super bee kill switch and ddm metal gasket set.
It's all back together and I just can't get it started I've got compression, spark and fuel I've also set the coil gap and I've checked the piston is in the right way there no leaks from the engine.
I've try resetting the carb and had the plug out over night just in case it was floored !
Any idea's would be helpful

If your motor is tuned correctly it should run perfect all the time. If not then you have a problem( air leak, worn piston/ring, carb settings wrong) i race with both bartolone and obr. Both have good motors but bartolone has more wins with his motors and very few problems happen to his motors and its usualy cuz someone starts messing around wirh carb ajustments. A good base point is 1 1/2 turns on the high and 1 1/4 on the low. Try that and be sure to give the pullstart a few slow pulls before you try and start it. This will prime the engine. The bulb on the carb just primes the carb itself. These engines are reliable and if everything is set corectly it will start every time within 1-2 pulls.

Thank for the advise.
As for the bartolone/obr thing I'm shore there's not a lot in it.
I've stripped the engine down and ordered a new ring as after i inspected the piston and ring I could see what looked like damage.
I'm going to rebuild the engine and reset the carb (which is on standard setting) and see what happens

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks