30 degree north

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonesracer

Which losi 5t parts are interchangeable with 30 degree north. Is it the 1.0 or the 2.0 ? Need to know before i order upgrade parts. Thanks

The 30n is based on the 1.0, however it's only the centre driveline that's different on v2 (driveshafts, diff inputs) and the clutch housing/carrier

In a nutshell, on the 2.0 Losi moved the centre diff about 40mm to the rear, and 10mm toward the centre, plus they flipped the centre diff around (spur now faces the front) that's how they reduced the front centre driveshaft angle. So the centre driveshafts are different lengths, and they are now dogbones instead of the CVD coupler. The engine is still in the exact same position though, which means things are different regarding the clutch area. That's the only difference parts wise, all other 2.0 parts will fit, basically 95% of them. Of course the 2.0 chassis is different due to the new centre diff mounting position

So i need to find a center diff & support for a 1.0 and all other parts would be 2.0 ?
Yes, but that's only because of the brakes. The 2.0 uses the same brakes as the 5iveB race kit, the mounts that the pads sit on are different
The diff itself is the same, so any alloy diff case will fit

So you can use a 1.0 centre diff mount, and bolt the brakes straight on, or you can use a 2.0 diff mount, and the 2.0 brakes, which are much better than the 1.0 and the 30n truck

Tbh though, since you don't know the 2 versions so well, it's probably best just to stick with all v1 Losi/30n parts to save the confusion, and the upsets when parts don't fit. But like I said, it's all just to do with the centre driveline area

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks