30 Degree's North Truck (5T clone)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevTrem

So been thinking about getting one for months, and after speaking with the finance department I got one.
So its a 30 Degree's North DTT, 29cc engine, K Power hi voltage servo's and body in black.
Bolted on the ATOP front and rear skid plates and started going through the truck changing and checking fluids as I go, plus got the blue loctite there too.
Running 50k front diff, 100k centre and 10k rear with 500cst (42wt ish) in the shocks. It'll mostly be just bashed with occasional runs on the local track.
So this is progress pics up to now, need to still go through front diff and shocks plus fit the kill switch but had to stop today to go to work.20200826_233041.jpg20200826_224103.jpg20200826_232727.jpg20200826_224504.jpg20200826_233926.jpg20200827_123316.jpg

Last edited:
Well had this truck a month now and I love it. Couple of little home made mods including rear cv protectors, spot lights, stop and tail lights, spare wheel carrier and some R clip tethers.
Its had about 10 litres of fuel through it and its F'in mint. Had steering servo go bad but was replaced under warranty, and had a bad inlet gasket. I'm not complaining for the amount of hours I've ran this compared to my Baja.
Its been bashed around the track, cartwheeled, tumbled, and in general just abused but it just takes it. Well worth the money.
Now just rebuilt the diff on the baja for the 4th time this year, hopefully get a couple tanks out of it before something else breaks on it. 20200927_150404.jpg20200920_113510.jpg

Attachments

• 20200927_150404.jpg
    20200927_150404.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
How much was the truck and where did you buy it? How far does the real 5ive t and that interchange parts wise?
I bought it from RCModelz, was £699.99 rtr but has a couple of extra's on it, stands me approx £800 all in. I'm told all parts are interchangeable with exception to the side pods.

I bought it from RCModelz, was £699.99 rtr but has a couple of extra's on it, stands me approx £800 all in. I'm told all parts are interchangeable with exception to the side pods.
Thats not too bad...and sorry for not understanding but side pods?.. ive been browsing but I don't see anyone in the US selling them

Thats not too bad...and sorry for not understanding but side pods?.. ive been browsing but I don't see anyone in the US selling them
The lower plastic pods on the sides of the chassis plate. RCModelz do ship to the states, not sure if you can get them via DDM, I know we can order stuff from DDM via RCModelz.

Well thats the truck and the Baja ready for Sunday's bash.

Baja has had diff rebuilt, pin replaced on a dog bone, gearbox greased, rear shocks serviced, battery charged, couple missing bolts replaced, change of tyres, studs fitted to rear tyres and a tune.

30DNT - Charged the battery, wiped body down, nothing missing or broken.

It's amazing how different these two machines are both in running and reliability.

Truck is currently on Baja Pioneer tyres, has the Atop hub extensions, and a homemade spare wheel holder.20201218_101817.jpg

Last edited:
Had a day at the track today for some running on the truck and Baja, full days running and no breakages, that's a record for me.
Good to hear! I enjoy wrenching but unexpected breakdowns when you’ve planned for a day or a part days outing sucks. Nice you got in some extended running, makes for a great time.

Looking good Kev 👍
Thank you. I've been playing with suspension and it's completely changed how it drives on the track.
Good to hear! I enjoy wrenching but unexpected breakdowns when you’ve planned for a day or a part days outing sucks. Nice you got in some extended running, makes for a great time.

I do enjoy wrenching, even did some wrenching for people at the track today.
It's strange but I also enjoy marshaling as well as running. All part of the hobby.

It's unheard of for me to bring 3 rigs back from a day at the track and all I've had to do is clean and recharge lol.
Especially as was running from 9am until 3pm

Thank you. I've been playing with suspension and it's completely changed how it drives on the track.

I do enjoy wrenching, even did some wrenching for people at the track today.
It's strange but I also enjoy marshaling as well as running. All part of the hobby.

It's unheard of for me to bring 3 rigs back from a day at the track and all I've had to do is clean and recharge lol.
Especially as was running from 9am until 3pm
Sounds like a nice dream😁.
Hopefully i'll have one like that sometime soon.👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks