30cc rc rampage mt won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcfatboy

Rampage MT won't start! I'm in the second stage of the 8hr break in I mixed the fuel 30-1 like it said it started up fine then ran for a bit then died I got it to start again then same thing now won't start it pops off in full choke but won't start I put in new plug and still nothing what do I do?

Well then before you finish your break in spend some time reading about carb tuning. Should be a sticky somewhere. Also did you mean 8 tank break in? 8 hrs is a long time to be breaking the car in. 1 tank idle just sitting there, 2nd increase the rpm a tadd but still in idle, 3rd 1/4 throttle blips back and forth in the yard and 4th 1/2 to full throttle blips. In between tanks let it sit for 15-20min to cool off. That's at least how I've been doing it.

I would pull the motor and check everything over for damage, I would say its more than carb tuning if it would run fine for a while then stopped. You could have blown a head gasket and sucked dirt it. You could have damaged the engine by not running the right mixture.

I would pull the motor and check everything over for damage, I would say its more than carb tuning if it would run fine for a while then stopped. You could have blown a head gasket and sucked dirt it. You could have damaged the engine by not running the right mixture.
It only ran for about three min

It's def your tune don't worry about the motor. 30:1 is not gonna hurt your engine either. I run 30-32:1. Read up on carb tuning and find out what carb you have. monster1-4 suggested 1-1/2 high needle and 1-1/4 low needle which is a good starting point but depending on the carb you may need to lean it out a bit. For example I run 1 1/4 on the low end with my wt668 but 1 turn with my wt990. For your break in period you don't want the engine revving too high just enough that it idles. Check what carb you have and read the sticky at the top of this forum page.

It's def your tune don't worry about the motor. 30:1 is not gonna hurt your engine either. I run 30-32:1. Read up on carb tuning and find out what carb you have. monster1-4 suggested 1-1/2 high needle and 1-1/4 low needle which is a good starting point but depending on the carb you may need to lean it out a bit. For example I run 1 1/4 on the low end with my wt668 but 1 turn with my wt990. For your break in period you don't want the engine revving too high just enough that it idles. Check what carb you have and read the sticky at the top of this forum page.
Well I went home remixed the fuel rest the carb and still nothing what kind of compression should I have

Dump a little gas in the cylinder and see if it pops off

I have also sheared the flywheel key which could make it go out of time . you could also pull the carb and clean it, screen could be plugged, also at least get a walbro carb if it has a cheap china one on it

I have also sheared the flywheel key which could make it go out of time . you could also pull the carb and clean it, screen could be plugged, also at least get a walbro carb if it has a cheap china one on it
I was going to drop a little gas in when I get home and try it how much are one of those carbs and where do I get it

If you go to dollarhobbies.com you can get one from a hpi Baja for like $30. One more thing, fuel lines to the carb could be backwards. I would also go through the truck and make sure everything is loctited that should be, some people do a complete tare down before they run, maybe try posting some pictures of your setup also

did you try leaning the low speed needle a tadd or turning the idle screw in a bit? Backwards fuel lines sounds like a possibility..... Compression should be around 90psi. I got my tester from harbor freight for about $20. I think if you lean out the low end to get it started then richen it up to get a nice idle, that should get you going.

It's locked up now
did you try leaning the low speed needle a tadd or turning the idle screw in a bit? Backwards fuel lines sounds like a possibility..... Compression should be around 90psi. I got my tester from harbor freight for about $20. I think if you lean out the low end to get it started then richen it up to get a nice idle, that should get you going.

It's locked up now

Flooded engine.
  1. take out the spark plug
  2. flip the rig over
  3. pull the pull starter slowly several time until no more fuel is coming out of the cylinder
  4. 1-1/2 high needle 1-1/14 low needle.
  5. prime the carb with bulb
  6. choke on, pull until it pops (1-5) pulls
  7. choke off, pull 1-3 times
If it's taking longer than 5 pulls at any given moment:

1. stop pulling or you'll flood it again (you may need to un flood it again before proceeding)
  2. turn idle screw clockwise
  3. lean the low speed needle clockwise
  4. repeat steps 5 6 7

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks