427 Cobra

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipeous

I don't post up much stuff about my business, but once in a while I get to detail something cherry. Today I got to detail an original 427 Cobra.

A couple days ago I detailed a friend's Audi A4, black of course like half of my customers, and I did it in trade for an rc car. He was so happy with the work he went around and showed it off. The owner of the Cobra is an ex boss of his. I didn't even ask what color it was, I just said hell ya I want to detail it.

It had side pipes and both pipes had melted track pants on them. I had to clean that off, and give the pipes a polish. Black is a tricky color to polish, and I take a lot of pride in the fact I get about half my business from black cars/trucks...

anyway, I polished the rims and chrome parts, conditoned the leather interior etc, getting it ready for a wedding. I had to take a small vid when he started it. I was actually talking a bit but you can't hear me lol.

I booked 3 jobs and handed out a few business cards while there today. That car really draws attention from passers by. I don't even consider this work when I get to toy with something so sweet.

th_100_0013.gif
100_0001.jpg
100_0002.jpg
100_0003.jpg
100_0004.jpg
100_0005.jpg
100_0006.jpg
100_0007.jpg
100_0008.jpg
100_0009.jpg
100_0010.jpg
100_0011.jpg
100_0012.jpg

WOW, WHAT a work of ART! that thing is just jaw dropping pretty. poop i would of PAID to detail it just so i could finger spooge from touching it. lol

Sounds like it was loading up bad,and the black smoke out the exhaust would confirm that.Needs to reduce the primary jets and maybe a different cam for the accelerator pump if its a Holley carb.That's the first AC Cobra I've seen with A/C....very nice car.

Frank

Looks good mate but I think it's a kit too as tis sporting what looks to be an MSD ignition system as well....p.s I spy a hologram on the back wheel arch..what finishing polish did you use? :)

it's a work in progress for the owner. the motor work is coming, as is a new grill, and eventually new interior. he bought it not long ago. I am actually doing work today for the original owner so will ask him some questions about it

I detail a lot of cars, but I love doing cars like this. I also do a custom 53 mercedes with a vette engine, a 29 ford and a few other classics for the world of wheels competitons/car shows. so far 2nd is the best we have taken as the cars are regular drivers

my job is my hobby. it's why I run big scale this year instead of racing. I probably make less money than when I was working at a shop doing production work, but I never got to work on cars like these in the shops either. I closed my shop almost 3 years ago, shortly after opening (long story involving a bad car accident) and work out of my rc shop lol.... getting too old to do this every day. I also do other things... today I am cleaning carpets, kicking the carpets and painting a wall ... much easier on the body

if I can detail 3 cars a week I am happy... I make more money painting but I only took a couple pics of painting for my website advertising.

here's a couple of the ford and mercedes, when I still had my detail shop. the ford I worked on for 3 days as they painted the flames and clear coated outdoors at a car show and it got dirt in the clear. they sanded and re cleared but they hit the body panels and I had to cut polish all the fenders by hand as no buffer would fit in there close to the body. I dyed the interior parts as well. I was detailing it when I had building inspectors coming in. The plumbing inspector was cool about it, the structural inspector wasn't lol. I got a cease and decist order 2 days after I finished it until inspections were done, which the building never passed
http://cid-4c87bb489fd53c6e.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.res/4C87BB489FD53C6E!125

Sounds like it was loading up bad,and the black smoke out the exhaust would confirm that.Needs to reduce the primary jets and maybe a different cam for the accelerator pump if its a Holley carb.That's the first AC Cobra I've seen with A/C....very nice car.

Frank

Sounds like it was running on 6 cyls.. Makes you wonder why a convertible would have AC, doesn't it??

See a few running around here couple red ones (small blocks) and 1 black and a silver one (Big Blocks)
Sexy cars no doubt!
A mechanic friend back home has a poor mans cobra- Sunbeam tiger ( car in the original "Get Smart" TV show) with a mild 289 in it.

Hey pipe..I had a sunbeam alpine tiger ,austin helay..Mg with super charger...
as well as a couple oldies...26 model A 2spd rear end..1914 model T all mint orig....
I have worked on early vet's 56's & 57's....
wonderful to see you doing the old stuff.....best to you...and you work..Slawhammer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks