Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.

4WD chassis

spike.1965

So i hit a wall flat out with my 4wd FG Baja and bent the chassis beyond repair. When i stripped the chassis down i have noticed the belt has worn a groove under the rear diff. Is this normal for these models or is there something wrong.

spike.1965

1st pic is groove on the chassis, its bout 2mm deep under the rear diff but just a shiny strip down the middle where belt has been rubbing. 2nd pic shows bend in chassis, front wheel hit wall first(Garmin forerunner was registering 57mph). front diff destroyed, lower suspension arm destroyed, chassis bent beyond repair, alloy servo plate bent but repairable. roll cage bars destroyed(pic3). Once all replaced bout Β£300 to fix. cant wait for wife to see credit card bill.

Attachments

Darnell

1st pic is groove on the chassis, its bout 2mm deep under the rear diff but just a shiny strip down the middle where belt has been rubbing. 2nd pic shows bend in chassis, front wheel hit wall first(Garmin forerunner was registering 57mph). front diff destroyed, lower suspension arm destroyed, chassis bent beyond repair, alloy servo plate bent but repairable. roll cage bars destroyed(pic3). Once all replaced bout Β£300 to fix. cant wait for wife to see credit card bill.
A run away?

spike.1965

πŸ€”just curious, how did you hit a wall? Didn't see it?
was going up and down a concrete ramp between 2 areas and going down car was at the wrong angle going down ramp and the rest is history.
A run away?
driver error
I just stripped the back end off my fg and mine wad not like thisπŸ€” my fg is only 6 months old......ouch it looks painful πŸ‘Ž
View attachment 51825
been talking to King Cobra who are a main ditributor in the UK and they are saying the belt rubbing is a design fault, their racing team milled out the area below the diff to stop this happening

Darnell

was going up and down a concrete ramp between 2 areas and going down car was at the wrong angle going down ramp and the rest is history.

driver error

been talking to King Cobra who are a main ditributor in the UK and they are saying the belt rubbing is a design fault, their racing team milled out the area below the diff to stop this happening
Just get a 5t.

dougstar

Having a losi 5b and an fg I'll add this. The fg is a simple car only 2 diffs.
I'd say an fg is more like an awd hpi πŸ‘πŸ» has the similar breaking on the lay shaft steers like an hpiπŸ€” you can't compare a losi and a fg, its like apple's and oranges

Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.