4X4 Belt Drive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear of them breaking, but don't always know the circumstances. I would guess landing on the throttle would damage or break them pretty easily.

I am new user

looking at their size, they seem like they could outlast the car but who am i to say. I am only building..

Hi well i have the the belt drive and up to now no problems at all but its still early and you could also say its just like a cam belt on a normal car and they only have to be changed every so many thousand miles.i can also tell you i have landed on full throttle plenty of times with this belt drive system.I must say do avoid it as much as possible all in all im very happy with it and still it pulls wheelies to i also have the fs racing 4x4 this handles much better than the fg because it has the mid engine so that means better weight distribution

I hope to give one of the new FG 4x4's a run here before long. With more experience driving these, I think many of us have learned how to NOT damage them in many situations. The belt does look very beefy to me & I would think it could handle some abuse. The only info I am going on, is what I hear from the Euro tracks. I was hearing about 1 year ago in testing, that the FG could not finish a race without breaking a belt. That could be a bunch of different things though. Car / Driver / Track. All of those affect how a car performs & is able to take abuse.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks