5 years on a shelf, time to revive the Baja 5b, rebuild and upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasongtr

from the beginning, i bought this a good few years ago and used it several times but not many, bought some upgrades, whether they are useful or not is debateable but for a newbie user i got sucked in to thinking hydraulic brakes up front and a 3 speed gearbox was a good idea, a few other purchases made at the time too.

I now have somewhere good to run the car in either a grass setup or tarmac (old runway) so i think im going initially for the tarmac edition, maybe the length of run will make the 3 speed gearbox useful afterall, even if just to hit a top speed run.

I was going to go down the all black route, but having just collected the car and had a proper look at it for 5 years i quite like the purple chassis and the other items i bought at the time, so it will be purple and black, most if not all of the new things i buy will no doubt be black.

im going to completely strip it down and clean it and replace certain parts for to maintain, oils, fluids and bearings for one, fuel lines, new radio gear, possibly upgrade the servos but not sure on that yet.

I cannot even remember what size engine it has, i bought it used so it could be stock but im hoping its a bit bigger, eventually i may get a bigger one no matter what it has.

Took a few pics of it in the dusty state its in, if nothng else it will make the transformation look even better495504955149552495534955449555

i know, i seem to remember no bumpr being on there and i hit something and broke something so i bought this that would break whatever it hit ....haha, im sure it will be changed or modified, i think it goes on to form a front chassis strengthener but i cannot remember, ill soon know tomorrow when i get the tools out for the strip down

just looked at a pic of the orginal baja 5b and that had these purple parts, so maybe they were tlike this on the first ones and went lower grade as time went on forcing people to spend their hard earned cash???

Yeah that may very well be. I remember when I first got my savage xl and started breaking stuff i thought it was odd that all the aluminum parts that I could get from hpi were purple. Guess I shouldn't assume so.much?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks