5B RTR motor problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotelcalif

My B has some sort of motor problem. Sounds like a dead miss. It first started on top end but now it will miss at idle. I put in a new plug and checked to make sure the carb was not loose. Do the coils go bad after time?

how much fuel thru the motor? is it a Stock motor? or atleast a stock CY bottom end? if yes, i m going to say open your clutch up, grab the shoes and see if you get movement of them. ANY movement up, down, or side to side tells me the clutch side crank bearings are shot. you will always get a bit of in/out movement (towards the flywheel and clutch ) but should get absolutly NO up/down or side to side play.

I will check that. It has a bit of fuel through it. I have had it a year and a half and I got it used. I have probably run it a bunch more than the orginal owner.

ya i am expecting your going to find much play in the crank bearing, especially clutch side.

buy a set of TFE Stainless Steel Crank bearings and new oil seals

Seems there is a very small amount of play on the clutch side but it feels like almost no compression. I can rotate it with little effort.

ya even a little play isnt good. oil seals are probably shot, and maybe even the ring, or the cylinder plateing has flaked off

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks