5ive T, one piece at a time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess I gotta ask the masses..... should i strip the paint off the chassis, or just clean it up and repaint it black? I kinda like the black my self, but the paint is peeling off.
20200831_173711.jpg

Yeah, the current paint is getting stripped off at any rate. Hmm don't have easy access to a blaster any more. I'll see how much I can get off the manual way first....
Had another thought as well, I have a full cerakote kit laying here in black. If it's still good and I get all the old paint off I think I'll go that route. It wont get muffed up like the paint would. Should be enough to the whole chassis I think ?

Send it to have it anodized
That's a thought. I'll have to see what's around.
Busts my balls for rebuilding my rc in a build log, proceeds to start a build log with bags of 2nd hand parts.??
No poop numb nuts. I don't have a complete rig. Your just freshening yours up. Same as I did in my dbxl thread. ???????????

That's a thought. I'll have to see what's around.

No poop numb nuts. I don't have a complete rig. Your just freshening yours up. Same as I did in my dbxl thread. ???????????
I put in all new chassis, arms, dogbones, tires, and a few other bits. Plus all new bearings, mud guards, and body panels. You're rebuilding a 5 with so far, zero new parts. Im struggling to see how yours is a build and mine isn't. Do I have to put my bits in sandwich baggies first for it to count?????
???
Old rc20200830_144929.jpg
New rc
20200830_113115.jpg
See the difference? Not a painted old chassis, its new.? so??
Oh, and if you really want a gutless engine fir dbxl for your daughter, I still have my cy 23cc. Its been run a lot, but Id sell it to you cheap, or possibly trade for other parts.?

Last edited:
Hey money bags.... ima keep busting your chops as long as you like.... new parts will come when I get the $ together for them, so go blow Zed ?
Um no trade for that, I've been using the crap outta it here lately. Need to scrounge up a few wheel weights for it, spins too easy. And get some down time to fab up the three point, sorely missing it tbh.

Aight....hey one comment was taken the wrong way....and yes that was you @21bangbang .... Regardless. I don't want to be the interventionilst. Regardless, were all here for the same reason. In the end as far as I'm concerned....we can't lose you @21bangbang or you either @Seandonato73 you'll are both very valuable memebers. Be adults. Squash it. And carry on especially on the internet.....we all know arguing on the internet is what....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks