5mm lock nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46u

I have a LOT of hardware for my RC vehicles. I do not like buying if at possible from places like HPI as there prices are just totally absurd. Does any one know where to get the 5mm locks nuts that come on the HPI Baja? I have a LOT of 5mm lock nuts but are not as tall as the ones that come with the Baja. If you run the ones that are not as tall and in the places on the Baja that go in to plastic the plastic strips a lot easier then using the taller ones that come with the Baja. HPI gets like $3.80 for 4 nuts. Please see picture which is some what blurry buy it shows what I am talking about.
5mmnuts.gif

Any fixing used on HPI's FG's etc are not special or specific to a particular model. To make specials would not be cost effective for them. They are standard universal fixing that should be available from your local engineering supplier for peanuts. If you only want 4 they might even give them to you if you ask nicely! The large lock nut is a 'full' nut' and the smaller is a 'half' nut. Hope this helps!

I have a LOT of hardware for my RC vehicles. I do not like buying if at possible from places like HPI as there prices are just totally absurd. Does any one know where to get the 5mm locks nuts that come on the HPI Baja? I have a LOT of 5mm lock nuts but are not as tall as the ones that come with the Baja. If you run the ones that are not as tall and in the places on the Baja that go in to plastic the plastic strips a lot easier then using the taller ones that come with the Baja. HPI gets like $3.80 for 4 nuts. Please see picture which is some what blurry buy it shows what I am talking about.
5mmnuts.gif

can you not use some thick washers behind them like the fg's have?????

http://www.boltdepot.com/nuts.aspx

This is a US supplier. They call the smaller nuts 'jam' nuts. Maybe give them a call & see if they can sort you out.

Failing that order from an English company. A bag of 10 is approx £0.30 or $0.50 USD plus postage.

I have dealt with these people but all I can find on there site is the 5mm tall ones and I need the 6.3mm tall ones which is the size the HPI ones are. Matter of fact I got an order from them about 2 weeks ago. I sent them an email asking if they had or could get the 6.3mm ones. I had a person from another forum find these which are the correct size just wish they where in black but at what HPI gets which is .95 each I can deal with the zinc for around 9 cents each. Like I said I have a LOT of hardware but need these nuts as the 5mm ones strip the plastic much easier. Here is about half the hardware I have for my RC stuff.
Hardware.gif

Last edited:
can you not use some thick washers behind them like the fg's have?????

No the problem is they nuts are keep from turning by the plastic and the thinner ones strip the plastic much easier. There are many places on the HPI Baja that are like this.
nutinplastic.gif

Last edited:
Thanks but the link I posted is in the US and sell them in what ever quantity you want. Around 9 cents US each. I try to stay away from stainless.

Watch out guys as Fastenal will rip you off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a locale branch so I ordered the 5mm 6.3mm tall nuts just like advertised on their web site using their part number which the sells person checked and some 4mm e-clips. I told them I was not in a hurry. They came in yesterday so I went to pick them up. Even thaw the part number was correct the nuts where the standard 5mm tall like you get most places like Ace. So I told them I did not want them.

The e-clips where $4 and they charged me $4.40 for shipping plus tax. The sales person said I special ordered them and I told him that when I ordered I told him I was not in a hurry for them and could have shipped them when they made there regular order. If I wanted to pay shipping I could have had them sent to my house and not would not had to drive clear across town.

Thanks but all he has is the standard 5mm tall nuts and his prices are high on them. Not as bad as HPI and some others. We all know how expensive this hobby is but I will save where I can the as that is the only way I can stay in it . LOL

I will see how much I can get them for including postage. I will let you know how I get on!!

BTW do they use much metric in the US or is still imperial?

I will see how much I can get them for including postage. I will let you know how I get on!!

BTW do they use much metric in the US or is still imperial?

Even on the US made cars and Harley s you now have both standard and metric which makes it a pain. Wish it was all one. Nothing like climbing out from under a car getting a wrench getting back under to find out it is wrong. At my age getting up and down is getting more difficult. LOL

You have a PM!!

Sorry for the delay but PM sent back at you.

I finally got a box of the correct nuts and they did not charge me shipping and even sold them to me at jobber. But from now on there will be shipping. If I ever have to order something from them that they do not normally stock I will at least have shipped to the house. LOL

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks