6v or 7.4volts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike.1965

I have a KM T1000 which has a 6v 3000mah battery pack. I was looking to upgrade to a 7.4v battery but when i was talking to local hobby shop person he told me most 1/5th scale run on 6v. I have 4 FG cars and was sure these are 7.4 volt, can somebody tell me what voltage batteries are used in FG cars(don't want to unwrap batteries).

hi spike.1965 im not that much up on battery voltage ect.. but you can run a 7.4 as long as your servos can go upto that limit... im running 6v 5000mah .. on mine.. heard alot about the 7.4 being more powerful for the steering servo...and all 1/5th 1/6th scales can use either 6v / 7.4 m8... just double check the voltage your servos can handle...:)

hi spike.1965 im not that much up on battery voltage ect.. but you can run a 7.4 as long as your servos can go upto that limit... im running 6v 5000mah .. on mine.. heard alot about the 7.4 being more powerful for the steering servo...and all 1/5th 1/6th scales can use either 6v / 7.4 m8... just double check the voltage your servos can handle...:)
I am looking to upgrade the stock servos to Savox servos and they can handle the 7.4 volt batteries.
If your servos can handle it....go with the 7.4v lipos. Huge difference in performance.

Thats what i been looking at but its the size and fitment issues i have withthe battery box.

I was always told that a 6.0 volt never really charges even 6 volt where they are around 7 volts anyways so running a lipo 7.4 most all servos will handle it i run lipo in all my rc's 1/5 1/10 ect.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah spike.1965 savox are good ive got savox 40 kg on steering and hitech on the brake/throttle.... saw a huge diffrence wen fitted compared to the crappy stock servos they supply.... i think ill be going up the 7.4 battery route later on in the year .. as im on hold by the boss at the min on buying anymore upgrades ect... as ive spent alot over last 6mths on my buggys ... but yeah m8 go with the savox and the 7.4 cant go wrong with that set up..anyhow buddy goodluck and let us know how you get on with the mods...:)

yeah spike.1965 savox are good ive got savox 40 kg on steering and hitech on the brake/throttle.... saw a huge diffrence wen fitted compared to the crappy stock servos they supply.... i think ill be going up the 7.4 battery route later on in the year .. as im on hold by the boss at the min on buying anymore upgrades ect... as ive spent alot over last 6mths on my buggys ... but yeah m8 go with the savox and the 7.4 cant go wrong with that set up..anyhow buddy goodluck and let us know how you get on with the mods...:)
Will do, i been into FG for years and wanted to try something bit different, what servo models are you using. gona try bigger MAH battery first with new servos, i too on a budget by the boss. 3 FG Monster trucks, 1 FG Baja and now the KM T 1000. Got rid of Marder for the T1000

Attachments

• 20150406_110319.jpg
    20150406_110319.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 8
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks