71CC Rovan engine???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a hint that there is a 71cc Rovan engine floating around and I finally found it. Seems legit but no reed case. Might not have much power because of it.

H2c242c5a5cfd487f9a9e9667ea6ee7188.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Anyone crazy enough to have a go?

Last edited:
You guys are kinda missing the point. If we beg obr to come out with a reed case and start porting it. We could end up with a sub 1000 dollar monster of an engine. Heck might even be cheaper if we can get them to release it without a crankcase.

You guys are kinda missing the point. If we beg obr to come out with a reed case and start porting it. We could end up with a sub 1000 dollar monster of an engine. Heck might even be cheaper if we can get them to release it without a crankcase.
Um I already have a OBR 34CC Reed case it has 9.4 hp with a 18 to 20k redline. If that Rovan 71cc were any good it would be pushing at least 15hp as it sits. Not missing the piont at all . That engine is a waste of money. Or were you being sarcastic?

I'm thinking you may want to explore the OBR website a bit more.

8hp would be more like it in stock form. If it would take a different cylinder then 15hp should be a walk in the park.
Um I already have a OBR 34CC Reed case it has 9.4 hp with a 18 to 20k redline. If that Rovan 71cc were any good it would be pushing at least 15hp as it sits. Not missing the piont at all . That engine is a waste of money. Or were you being sarcastic?

I'm thinking you may want to explore the OBR website a bit more.

Idk I see potential. Well see what happens once it releases on rovans site. But I belive once it gets into someone who's competent with modifying engines that we could have a mini beast on our hands. Straight up they are releasing an engine that underperforms but you gotta realize it doesn't have a reed case, it's not ported, I'm almost positive that's a poopy carb, and the crank probably isn't balanced with lots of slop.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks