85cc monster Grave Digger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Futaba 7PXR with a 6 channel R2006GS receiver. The Futaba has a killer 4WS mix function, so at the press of a button, I can go from front steering, to 4WS, to crab walk, to just rear wheel. Its a blast and the kids think crab walking it is hilarious! Lol!

Unfortunately he's out of stock at the moment.

Very very very nice!!

I vote for no decals.

Rear steering should be sweet.
I believe the stock GT5 radio has the dual steering mix program but this radio system isn’t at the level everything else is, so the Futaba should go as well.

Are you going for the dual shock setup?

I wonder why Primal hasn’t made the shock covers for the V3 shocks. The covers make a big difference in shocks protection and time between rebuilds.

Last edited:
Very very very nice!!

I vote for no decals.

Rear steering should be sweet.
I believe the stock GT5 radio has the dual steering mix program but this radio system isn’t at the level everything else is, so the Futaba should go as well.

Are you going for the dual shock setup?

I wonder why Primal hasn’t made the shock covers for the V3 shocks. The covers make a big difference in shocks protection and time between rebuilds.

Thank you, I'm personally not a fan of shock covers. I am going to try dual shocks, but the dampener shocks are all leaking like crazy so I will be trying to fix that before install. Stock radio system is junk like most rtr cars, I run futaba and have found it to be best for land cars

Put the dampener shocks on, definitely looks better, helps fill the void their. Only one seemed to be leaking bag but it was so wet I couldn't tell where it was coming from. The shock shaft was dry, so I snugged up the whole top side and got a bit out of it. Hopefully it was just loose as I didn't see any torn o-rings or anything. They definitely swim to help, be something to help when the 85 arrives because I feel like launching it20230128_204625.jpg20230128_204630.jpg

Put the dampener shocks on, definitely looks better, helps fill the void their. Only one seemed to be leaking bag but it was so wet I couldn't tell where it was coming from. The shock shaft was dry, so I snugged up the whole top side and got a bit out of it. Hopefully it was just loose as I didn't see any torn o-rings or anything. They definitely swim to help, be something to help when the 85 arrives because I feel like launching itView attachment 85305View attachment 85306
Looks way better...no hole there anymore. I am still on my V2 shocks, running a shock/spring and a dampener on each corner. IMO it really helped smooth out the trucks landings and feels like it keeps it planted better then just with a shock/spring by itself on each corner.

Are the flames on the front of the body decals or painted on?
If they are decals its weird that they didn't just put the rest of them on
I might get a digger body kit in the future for my Raminator
I find the springs of the V3 shocks are a bit on the weak side, how does the truck sit with the extra weight of the 2nd set of shocks plus the digger body/cage must weigh more then the Ram or mega truck one

Here ya go sir! This is from a PM I had going with another member. Basically left it same as stock wiring...you could put throttle and brake om 2 different channels, but opted to keep it like it was stock. So when you apply throttle, brake moves opposite and is released and when you apply brake, throttle moves opposite. Hope that makes sense.
Screenshot_20230226-201412_Chrome.jpg
Also got a link to those limiting straps? I need to get some for my Raminator. Was toying with making my own...tried a few set ups I never liked and am to a point..just want something that works lol!

Here ya go sir! This is from a PM I had going with another member. Basically left it same as stock wiring...you could put throttle and brake om 2 different channels, but opted to keep it like it was stock. So when you apply throttle, brake moves opposite and is released and when you apply brake, throttle moves opposite. Hope that makes sense.
View attachment 85891
Also got a link to those limiting straps? I need to get some for my Raminator. Was toying with making my own...tried a few set ups I never liked and am to a point..just want something that works lol!
Thanks Rick, big help. Looks like my servo may be bad then. I'll contact primal and see what they can do. Are you on Facebook? If you are chris j. Galante is his name, if not I can be your middle man if needed. He makes the aluminum nuts different sizes, so just have to tell me what size you want

That's going to be nuts!! The 85 will. have so much power you can outright flip the truck with a throttle punch ... I saw the video of the ALX 71, and it was tossing the truck around like a rag doll.
Put the dampener shocks on, definitely looks better, helps fill the void their. Only one seemed to be leaking bag but it was so wet I couldn't tell where it was coming from. The shock shaft was dry, so I snugged up the whole top side and got a bit out of it. Hopefully it was just loose as I didn't see any torn o-rings or anything. They definitely swim to help, be something to help when the 85 arrives because I feel like launching itView attachment 85305View attachment 85306

I probably just can't see / picture the whole length of that brake cable, but it looks like it has the potential to bind either full up or down throughout the range of suspension motion. No?

That's going to be nuts!! The 85 will. have so much power you can outright flip the truck with a throttle punch ... I saw the video of the ALX 71, and it was tossing the truck around like a rag doll.

I probably just can't see / picture the whole length of that brake cable, but it looks like it has the potential to bind either full up or down throughout the range of suspension motion. No?

I functioned the brakes with no issues so far.

Looks good!
I hope you bought lots of spare transmission shafts and diff output cups as your going to become an expert at changing them lol
Running the smaller mud truck tires should alleviate some of the stress on the drive train but with that engine I don’t think it’s going to matter
You putting the digger stickers on or just leaving it black?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks