a battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerhouse

I tried hitting up afew places for a battery to run my Beetle and either no one knows what I'm talking about or suggests the HPI hump style battery. From the picture from the parts manual, I think that the battery is 5 batteries in line, or a Sub C? I think I know that the higher the mAh, the longer the battery will run, and that I want an S-connector on the end of the terminal. Do all batteries come with 2 ends coming out of the battery? One for charging, and one for the car? I hope I don't sound dumb but even when I go on hobbyhobby.com, they list the batteries by company so I don't even know what to look for except for volts and mAh. Thanks for any input.

Try to get the biggest mAh battery that you can afford,it will give you longer run time between charges.Use a sub 'c' side by side configuration for FG's and such like.MCD's take a 'squared' configuration and HPI Baja's ,I think take a 'hump' config. You can use LiPo's @7.2V but you will need a BEC to pull the voltage down to 6V. I personally use 2000-4300 mAh batteries on my 5th's.
As for charging/power leads there are a few possibilities.On one of my cars I have has a Tamiya style connector that acts as a charging lead as well as a power lead, just unplug from the receiver and plug into the charger. Others have separate leads like the small JST lead as well as a charging lead with whatever you want to use as a plug on the end (I personally use DEANS plugs)

http://www.rcdemon.co.uk/shop/department/batteries/

Here is a site that will show you all configurations of batteries.
Good luck.
J.

Thanks for input man!! I finally gave up trying to find a pre-made battery near me and had a local battery shop build me a Sub-C 6v with an s connector on it. And for 40 bucks, why not. So, at lest I have a battery and a charger now. Thank you again!

I have a FG MT running 4 servos and I had my hobby shop wire 2- 4200mah battery packs together. I can run a whole gallon of fuel before I have to recharge them. Thats nice not having to worry about running out of juice during the run. You can get a spray at any hardware store called Plasti-dip and you can coat all of the electronics and not have to worry about a puddle or mud hole.

I have a FG MT running 4 servos and I had my hobby shop wire 2- 4200mah battery packs together. I can run a whole gallon of fuel before I have to recharge them. Thats nice not having to worry about running out of juice during the run. You can get a spray at any hardware store called Plasti-dip and you can coat all of the electronics and not have to worry about a puddle or mud hole.

Wow, how the heck do you fit two batteries in there? And why?

Powerhouse - Update your location ( https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=5865 ) and people will give you all sorts of help on buying stuff in YOUR area. We all have many links we can share but if your from China and we are giving you US sites thats not going to help.:no:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks