A couple Vekta .5 questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1096cm2

I'm wondering a few things maybe you all can help. I purchased a Vekta.5 late 2017. I purchased as a showpiece for under my 1:1 lifted truck at shows. All I ever did to the truck was Custom paint some new body panels, install a Killer Bee kill switch, and some aluminum upgrades. The truck literally has never had fuel in the tank. I purchased an exhaust (DDM Dominator® Tuned Pipe for Kraken Vekta.5 Buggy - BLACK) when I got the truck but its still in the bubble wrapped packaging. Im wanting to go ahead and start using the truck. My questions are 1- is there anything special I should do to the truck/motor before break in since its been sitting so long? and 2- should I install the aftermarket pipe before of after break in? Thanks in advance for any help.

I would double check and triple check the adjustments on your throttle linkage and brake linkage and end points on your transmitter. Check the torque of all bolts, Loctite bolts that thread into metal threads and check the torque on those shock caps and the other threaded portion that threads into the bottom of the shock body(cant think of the name of said part, too early in the morning).

As for your pipe, break in the engine with it on. I used the same pipe at one time. I ended up using a rubber coupler and extension pipe from my original HPI Baja 5T exhaust pipe as well. With the 25:1 fuel mixture I was running, it was kind of oily, as some oil droplets would exit the exhaust. This extension pipe I installed would spray it away from the vehicle instead of on the vehicle without it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks