A few newbie questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ddrummer16

Hi guys, Ive got a few questions regardding all this electronic stuff as i have no idea about any of it hehe

While I was driving my FS buggy around the other day i had to stop to put the tire back on and while i was doing that the throttle and steering started twitch like crazy then got out of control, I had no control of it so i had to turn it off, what might be causing this?? weak batteries of some sort of radio interference?

And then when i was on my way home i was walking infront of it just to make sure it wouldn't take off on me (which it did) but i managed to stop it going to far and killed the motor with the kill switch, same thing again i had no control with my controler.

Whats happening here, and whats the best way to rectify it?

And with the fail safe thing what do they do excatly? and should i get one for my buggy? And which one would work best with my FS buggy?

Im sure i have plenty more questions but these ones will do for now:D

Your batts could off been dieing or what drummer said interference from some sort. alot off people have advised me to get a kill-switch and its the best thing you can get for your FS mate

I agree every large scale 25 to 40 needs a kill switch as a run away with something that heavy is a BIG liability! Like Baja Matt was asking what sort of radio do you have?

Ok guys but can we use the other thread (duplicate of this one) my comp stuffed up and posted it twice

But the radio is a 2way AM 27MHz

AM radios are highly susepticale to interferance, best thing you can do is upgrade to 2.4ghz radio. I know this may be a more expensive answer than you are looking for, but it will solve 99% of your problems. Just for fun, turn your radio system on, reveiver AND radio, then touch a screw driver to the throttle linkage, I bet it goes crazy. 2.4ghz wont do this and you also get the bonus of no channel conflicts.

Pretty much all 2.4 radios operate on the same principle, 79 available channels and 1 hold channel, the radio scans for a free channel when you turn it on and locks it in, no other 2.4 radio can get on that channel, period!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks