A Hot Dilemma Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Bascom

15930935089111089083277840630572.jpg

Background: The issue was, that my Rovan 36cc engine kept cutting out when the engine cover was on, and ran well when the cover was off. Some suggested a grounding problem. I was advised to disconnect all wires under the cover and see if the engine ran well with the cover on.

Well, I did just that: disconnected the killswitch, replaced the engine cover, and started it. It sparked into life immediately and ran smoothly until I pulled the plug off.

I guess that tells me the problem was because of some conflict between the metal engine cover and something within the old Dynamite killswitch that was attached. (I've had it a few years and now the LED blinks a lot.)

So, I'll order a new killswitch and hope that ends the dilemma.

PEACE, all!

Did you see if any wires had wear marks on their insulation?
Yes, there are wear Mark's, but no insulated wires are showing. But, as I said, the red LED that says the killswitch is "live" blinks and is not constantly on as with the new killswitch on my Rovan Baja 5b.

Yes, there are wear Mark's, but no insulated wires are showing. But, as I said, the red LED that says the killswitch is "live" blinks and is not constantly on as with the new killswitch on my Rovan Baja 5b.
The insulation could be
The insulation might be worn down enough that there’s interference getting to it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks