Ada juice box trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pee59

i just bought a wt-813 carb and a ada juice box the carb works great by itself but when i add the juice box i cant get the car to start.the instrutions say i should run it on a leaner setting but i cant get the setting..does anyone know where i have to set the carb to get my car to start with the juice box onit? i have a 29cc race ported engine if thats any help

Sorry to say those and boost bottles are a waste of money like others have said. I all so prefer the 990 carb like comes on some Zen motors stock. It is the same as the 813 but does not have the accelerator pump.

To get more bottom end try a good pipe and gearing. What vehicle do you have?

Sorry to say those and boost bottles are a waste of money like others have said. I all so prefer the 990 carb like comes on some Zen motors stock. It is the same as the 813 but does not have the accelerator pump.

i have a baja 5b with a hpi tuned pipe and 55t and 19t gearing

what gearing and pipe do you recommend..and do you think a lightened fly wheel will give me better acceleration

for sure if funds allow, ditch the hpi pipe and get you a good tuned pipe. rear dom, cpi bb, vic bb rear, modelogic side pipe, torpedo, these are some pipes that are more lowend oriented. you just have to decide which you want, cause it is hard to tell you what you want.

boost bottles are useless and i wouldnt wast my time, but you have it now. not sure what your problem is but look at everything and make sure the pulse hole in the carb is getting its pulse from the engine. look at all mountings and gaskets to make sure it is not obstructed. that seems to me the only thing that could be stoping it from starting.

what gearing and pipe do you recommend..and do you think a lightened fly wheel will give me better acceleration

ill throw my .02 in there if you don't mind. i like a lightened flywheel and i do feel a difference between lightened and not. but, i wouldnt run them in the heat of the summer if you run your engines hard. the cooling is reduced a lot with them. i run them in the cooler months with great result.

the rear dom is a good little pipe, price is good and it is normally the choice for a first time pipe. it has great bottomend and mid but starts to fall on top but it is still good.

for sure if funds allow, ditch the hpi pipe and get you a good tuned pipe. rear dom, cpi bb, vic bb rear, modelogic side pipe, torpedo, these are some pipes that are more lowend oriented. you just have to decide which you want, cause it is hard to tell you what you want.

boost bottles are useless and i wouldnt wast my time, but you have it now. not sure what your problem is but look at everything and make sure the pulse hole in the carb is getting its pulse from the engine. look at all mountings and gaskets to make sure it is not obstructed. that seems to me the only thing that could be stoping it from starting.
im looking for better acceleration and more top speed...my engine is race ported and i bought the upgraded carb but i cant see much of a difference in neither of those two things...which one of those pipes do you recommend

ok, first thing, carbs and mild porting will not give much result when running a pipe like the hpi. with a two stroke engine the pipe is your tuning tool. ide say for more bottomend and still rev nicely ide go for the modelogic side pipe(they make one for both the b and the t). the hpi pipe will rev some once it works its way up there. it will actually out rev the rear dom, so thats why i am steering you toward the modellogic.

here is a little vid of it going on a self ported reed motor i built, but it runs like a monster on anything i put it on or should say makes anything i put it on run like a monster.

th_MOV01176.jpg

ok, first thing, carbs and mild porting will not give much result when running a pipe like the hpi. with a two stroke engine the pipe is your tuning tool. ide say for more bottomend and still rev nicely ide go for the modelogic side pipe(they make one for both the b and the t). the hpi pipe will rev some once it works its way up there. it will actually out rev the rear dom, so thats why i am steering you toward the modellogic.

here is a little vid of it going on a self ported reed motor i built, but it runs like a monster on anything i put it on or should say makes anything i put it on run like a monster.

th_MOV01176.jpg
thanks alot buddy

Is your engine stock 26? The HPI SS pipe is a very poor pipe there are much better pipes out there. If your engine is stock running 55/19 gearing is fairly tall and will reduce acceleration and bottom end on stock motor. If your 5b has a lot of heavy up grades making it much heaver will all so cause a problem with this gearing on a stock engine.

I tired about 5 different pipes including the POOR HPI SS pipe on my stock 26 but when I put the standard CPI on it was a night and day difference. I now run a engine I build a race ported 30.5 and run the CPI big bore. The CPI pipes are very smooth through the whole RPM range. There are other good pipes out there as well but you have to get one well suited for the engine you are running and what you are trying to get out of the engine. The rear dom does not rev real high.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks