Adjusting ignition timing on a Zenoah ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronis

Hi,

Anyone know if it's possible to adjust the ignition timing
on a Zenoah (Race Ported Zenoah 4 bolt 30,5cc) ??
If so - any helpful instructions ?

Regards/ Ronis

it can also be changed with the tps redrace v2 kit theres different degree rotors availible -1 -3 -5 +1 +3 +5 not tried them myself mine came with a zero degree rotor and its ok for my use

but its not as cheap as the setup mike linked and its not adjustable its a fair bit of work changing the rotor

then youve got the ecu's made by ian oddie at oddified.com these work well and change timing every 100rpm's or so but still not in the same way as the cover mike posted

Thanx for the replies.The solution with
the cover seems nice. I suppose the coil then is
fitted on the cover than on the cylinder...?

Anyone know if the standard coil fits the cover ?

Regards/ Ronis

This is what I've got on my TS engine.
No intention of using it that much - I'm not experienced enough to play and have read a fair amount of negative press on the same.

Mike's your best bet for advice on these things as he's racing.

Al.

This is what I've got on my TS engine.
No intention of using it that much - I'm not experienced enough to play and have read a fair amount of negative press on the same.

Mike's your best bet for advice on these things as he's racing.

Al.

I've never been a fan of reed engine, I had an boss engine in my old dynamic F1 car, loads of power but they all seem unreliable and won't finish a final which is why nobody in racing uses them.

There were general "non consistant" issues rather than failiers plus they were crap on fuel, most would do about 20 to 25 mins tops at full chat in an on road car.

another option is slotting the coil so you can slide it back and forth. couple that with making a timing pointer, timing marks, and using a timing light to check it. its a free mod providing you have a timing light at your disposal

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks