advice / help / input needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enzo3856

I have a 26cc CY in a DBXL (gas 1st gen) and it is kicking my butt right now...

took it out this last week and it was running great... and after a few tumbles it is now just idling high and if I hit the brakes it will idle down and die

the throttle difference between no input on the remote to then applying brake is so minor...
I reset my needles and as soon as I got it started it just revved up... i turned in the low speed 1/8 to 1/4 and it became better, but as soon as blip the throttle is just starts racing again.

I am guessing it could be the carb at this point....
I noticed when I apply the brakes, there is a lot of movement on the throttle shaft (lateral, like the linkage is pushing the whole thing)... this makes me feel like if i replace the carb, this issue will reappear soon....

any thoughts on this?

1667073278495.png

I ended up getting some Covid right after this... missed two great weekend with awesome weather, so I have not been able to work on this... argh
Will try and work on this tomorrow and post

Winter is finally over
I took the carb apart and found some debris inside... cleaned it up and put it back together.

Car is running again... I had to turn out the LSN quite a bit.. I need to find the default setting somewhere again... I started with 1.5 on HSN and about 1.25 on LSN...
Easily gave it an extra .5 to .75 more before it settled down...
did some test runs on my street... Nice and smoky exhaust, no bog at all...
IMG_20221029_225749.jpg
IMG_20221029_225738.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks