Advice on engine upgrade for my Raminator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcmadman1020

Hey guys
Thought this might be a good place to ask this question. I have had my Raminator for about a year and since buying it have wanted an upgraded engine for it... I dislike the original. I know it is not meant to go fast as it's a monster truck but want much more grunt.

So the engines I am thinking about are?
Taylorrc = 80cc or 50cc
OBR = 47cc Fatboy when released

I would appreciate any advice on the engines I listed and if you have any other engine ideas please give advice?
Also if anyone has experience with ANY of these engines, please shed some advice.
Cheers

Last edited:
Taylor mate. Proper big bore engines with allot more power than the OBR zenoah based crap
Even a Taylor 40cc will produce much more power than the OBR 47

Not only that, with Taylor engines the shipping is free and there's no import duties/taxes, that's taken care of.
With OBR you'll not only be paying for shipping, but also import taxes/duties when it arrives in oz, and will end up costing just as much as a Taylor engine

Last edited:
Taylor mate. Proper big bore engines with allot more power than the OBR zenoah based crap
Even a Taylor 40cc will produce much more power than the OBR 47

Not only that, with Taylor engines the shipping is free and there's no import duties/taxes, that's taken care of.
With OBR you'll not only be paying for shipping, but also import taxes/duties when it arrives in oz, and will end up costing just as much as a Taylor engine
Thanks for the reply mate. What do you think of the 80? I mainly want it for sound but I will definitely be going the Taylor

With the new shorty pipe that the Taylor engines come with...all 3 engines will be plenty loud. Watched videos showing people wearing ear plugs when running the 80 lol. I know the 80 is very rough on the transmission, diffs and drive pins. Shoot even @Relic-1 will tell you the damage the 50 can do. I would try to find a nice balance of power and longevity for the rig. No point in having the 80 if every couple of runs your doing a ton of maintenance. Just my opinion.

Also I saw you mentioned in another post about how the area you live is turning into a retirement community lol...be mindful how much louder the truck will be with aftermarket vs your current stock rig. You know your area and neighbors better then us. If its gonna make it so everytime you run the truck you have issues with neighbors...might wanna think about that too.

With the new shorty pipe that the Taylor engines come with...all 3 engines will be plenty loud. Watched videos showing people wearing ear plugs when running the 80 lol. I know the 80 is very rough on the transmission, diffs and drive pins. Shoot even @Relic-1 will tell you the damage the 50 can do. I would try to find a nice balance of power and longevity for the rig. No point in having the 80 if every couple of runs your doing a ton of maintenance. Just my opinion.

Also I saw you mentioned in another post about how the area you live is turning into a retirement community lol...be mindful how much louder the truck will be with aftermarket vs your current stock rig. You know your area and neighbors better then us. If its gonna make it so everytime you run the truck you have issues with neighbors...might wanna think about that too.
Yeah I agree, the 80 is looks and sounds pretty aggressive. I can’t imagine the damage it could do to the drive train and how quick.
It is full of sooks here but I just plan on taking it out a bit to where dirt bikes and that go. I have my eye on the 50 Taylor engine, I think I may go that route.

I have looked into the electric but I just worry about run time, lipos and no sounds would kill me but yeah it’s hard

Thanks for the reply mate. What do you think of the 80? I mainly want it for sound but I will definitely be going the Taylor
The 80 is an animal, but in the case of the Raminator the power is wasted really due to the limited gearing. There's no real drivetrain upgrades either so you'll be breaking things all too often

You'll be impressed with the 50GT, it's got a truck load of torque, and sounds great

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks