Advice on Losi dbxl e 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmw19800

Hello All

I’m after Advice on Losi dbxl e 2.0 from actual owners,

I’ve Been doing as much research as possible on run time (my only concern) I know it depends on driving style etc. however, I would still like to know a rough estimate of run time from owners and what batteries they are using.

Some say it’s 5 mins and I’ve read 30+. I know this Depends on the type of battery, There are so many different opinions it’s very hard to judge what the truth is.

Any advice would be much appreciated..

Cheers All

To be honest, I was set on Losi 5ive and Was put off by trouble people seem to have starting the engine and tuning etc,

Electric - Seems just and easy life (lazy I know)

20 mins isn’t to bad to be fair, My only 1/10 nitro lasted about the same, Granted this was a very very long time ago

To be honest, I was set on Losi 5ive and Was put off by trouble people seem to have starting the engine and tuning etc,

I got gas because I was lazy. Got tired of dedicating time to charge batteries if I was gonna go out. With gas its more simple. Fill 'er up and go

The tuning and stuff is nothing.

You answered your own question, It depends. Safe bet 10-15 min, that seems to be par for the course.

20 mins isn’t to bad to be fair, My only 1/10 nitro lasted about the same, Granted this was a very very long time ago
don't let that scare you off. They're no more difficult to keep running than a string trimmer. People who can't keep them running aren't putting in any effort to learn how these very basic engines work.

Thanks for your input,

I’m even more split between LiPo and Petrol now ???

I’m seeing a lot of bad reviews for the cheaper end of the 1/5 market (Nitrotek) what are your thoughts on budget rigs,

I’ve not seen many bad reviews for Losi (Crazy expensive though)

Where dose building a baja come in?
imo if u go with a tidy used 5ive or dbxl...hpi baja.....and i mean a tidy used one ?...then if u don't like it u will get ur money bak...?..if u buy new ...
u'll loose money 100%☹....
all my 4x here r 2nd hand....?...tbh 98% of all the rc's I'veowned have been 2nd hand :eek: :ROFLMAO:...all have been sweet?

I'd you want the cheapest new I'd guess I'd have to say get a dbxl, they have a few things to get used to. But I've had mine going on 6 years now. For better or worse it was a good first rig for me. If I had extra money laying I'd go the 5ive t route.

Thanks for your input,

I’m even more split between LiPo and Petrol now ???

I’m seeing a lot of bad reviews for the cheaper end of the 1/5 market (Nitrotek) what are your thoughts on budget rigs,

I’ve not seen many bad reviews for Losi (Crazy expensive though)
My opinion is that cheaper rigs are just fine. They're definitely lower quality, but imho it doesn't matter. We all upgrade most of the car before anything even breaks, so why not start with a cheaper platform. Most here won't agree with me on this, but don't listen to them.
I'd you want the cheapest new I'd guess I'd have to say get a dbxl, they have a few things to get used to. But I've had mine going on 6 years now. For better or worse it was a good first rig for me. If I had extra money laying I'd go the 5ive t route.
DBXL's are AWSOME. Plus you can almost buy 2 for the price of a 5t.

I like my DBXL-E 2.0. I run with a heavy foot, so I go through batteries pretty quick. If I'm focusing on controlled jumping or running in a smaller area, I definitely get a good bit longer runs. I keep meaning to time my runs, but I forget and just have a blast!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks