Air filter cleaning access,how often?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midwestguy69

Was just messing with my Km 29cc car and was pulling the air filter...WOW. Not real easy! Any tips? I bought a pre filter for it,by the looks of it,it's almost impossible to install! I don't have the pre filter yet,was just looking. How often do you clean them on these 5b's?

attachment.jpgTrim this bit off the lip on the bottom half and it makes it a whole lot easier.......as far as the pre filter bags are concerned....it's all in the way you hold your tongue.

Washing is recommended after every run in dusty conditions....and whenever you feel like it when there aint no dust!!!

Dual element oiled filters are the best....like the one you already have.

The K&N pod style dry filters are not recommended for off road use....they only filter out gravel & rocks.....anything smaller will be ingested.

Velocity stack?? I know you can get pretty aftermarket ones but the HPI types are a velocity stack anyway.....but plastic.

Dual element oiled filters are the best....like the one you already have.

The K&N pod style dry filters are not recommended for off road use....they only filter out gravel & rocks.....anything smaller will be ingested.

Velocity stack?? I know you can get pretty aftermarket ones but the HPI types are a velocity stack anyway.....but plastic.

i,ve got a k,n style filter on my sq but put a hpi savege foam over it seems to work ok ,but you,ve got me thinking now ross:huh::huh:

The clamp part that locks them in place is too close to the fuel tank....no room to drop it so the lip releases.....that's why I trim the bottom lip off....it then just slides off without having to drop it down first.

The angled Shredstack is an awesome little jigger which will make it a pleasure to change.

i have the angled shredstack on mine it lifts the filter up at the end of it, and also gives you a lil more clearance at the connection point and clamp area on filter. i tried a different filter setup, was nice, , a shorty angled neck with a redneck overfilter. i went back to the stock setup with a outerwears cover.

also replaced the stock plastic isolator block with a alloy longer one, in conjunction with the angled velocity shredstack, made a lil more umphh in the motor, had to retune carb of course to match up with the increase of airflow coming in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks