Air filter for Five-T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siscokid7

Hey guys, I’m new to the forum. Been browsing a while and searching for the best air filter setup that doesn’t require cutting. I purchased these items and was wondering if anyone here runs this setup. It’s supposed to fit tightly without having to cut the cage, but I was hoping for input from people that may have had any issues. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 02C62690-131E-420A-A7A9-20169A810B6C.jpeg
    02C62690-131E-420A-A7A9-20169A810B6C.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 36
Yup I run that setup, you need to bore out the velocity stack… also get an outerwears, oil the redneck… that way usually very little to no dirt gets trough to the base filter so u just gotta wash the redneck. Also don’t be thrown off when the filter doesn’t go on all the way in, u really just gotta wiggle it to get past the boss in the filter, but if u are not under tight tolerances you do not need to. Get that outerwears for sure tho, or else dirt will just cake on.

Yup I run that setup, you need to bore out the velocity stack… also get an outerwears, oil the redneck… that way usually very little to no dirt gets trough to the base filter so u just gotta wash the redneck. Also don’t be thrown off when the filter doesn’t go on all the way in, u really just gotta wiggle it to get past the boss in the filter, but if u are not under tight tolerances you do not need to. Get that outerwears for sure tho, or else dirt will just cake on.
Did you have to cut the cage at all?

Get the turtle racing intake set up and put a proper filter on it, that next to cage area collects a lot of trash, you can also run a 3" filter vs that stump of a filter.
Thank you. That will probably be on my list of upgrades after I get the pipe. Trying to not spend so much at a time, but I see that is going to be difficult lol

Did you bore out the velocity stack? Did you oil the filters? Get an outerwears
I checked that the choke was functional with the velocity stack and it was. Is the need to bore it out functional? Like for better performance? DDM said there is no need for the short stack to be bored out. I haven’t run it yet so I can still do it
Still waiting for outerwears and I just used dirtbike filter oil. Car is sitting since the first five minutes I had it out( first day out of the box) I ran over a partially exposed cinder block on my property and blew apart the front wheel. Waiting for wheels as well. Surprised it cracked like that, but i was going about 25 mph, and I guess plastic is still plastic after all.
Nvm, I see I have a walbro 1107, and it does need to be bored out. Good thing there is a search function on this site. 🙂 Guess I’m buying a 3/4” drill bit…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Velocity stack bored out, wheels and tires installed, and chassis braces in. Next question is olimat vs bartalone. Also the duratrax dineros were on sale, but I have a set of proline fugitives coming with more wheels. Sticking with stock losi rims for now. Still researching kill switch that works with the Spektrum DS5C, and waiting before pulling the trigger. (Won’t be running at a track until I have it installed). Hopefully all my bases are covered. Any constructive criticism is welcome. Also if anyone has a proper part number or link for an outerwears that fits, I’d appreciate it. The one I received is way too big. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 17
Throw the spektrum in the trash. Best advice I have at this point. Oh and your gonna have to spend money on a non avc receiver to make any fail-safe work. Paging @Rep732 ..... local speky trash man, he'll tell you what you need to know. Or just buy a futaba. Or another radio for that matter.

Throw the spektrum in the trash. Best advice I have at this point. Oh and your gonna have to spend money on a non avc receiver to make any fail-safe work. Paging @Rep732 ..... local speky trash man, he'll tell you what you need to know. Or just buy a futaba. Or another radio for that matter.
Damn, I got the spektrum included with truck because of the bind n drive. Wasn’t trying to spend more than $300 for the radio at the time. Are they that bad?

Spektrum is alright but they do poop the bed after a few years but ive only experienced that with the lower end models.. I have the dx5c with sr515 recievers and everything has been great and their in boats and land rigs.
There you go, get what he has and get him to tell you how to set it up..... I'd still get a 3pv futaba.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks